how can it hurt so much??

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by Shelly Borg, Apr 11, 2010.

1. Shelly Borg

Shelly Borg New Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Redding CA
    My poor girl just past in pain. Oh God I fill like I lost my best friend. I know I did every thing any one could. Folks have been fighting to save her for 2 days.
    She was my only milker last year. I spent so much time talking to her, telling her everything knowing she would listen. I will miss putting my head on her side while I milk just being with her. She would always come to the fence to be worshiped. Poor Cally what am I going to do with out her??

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I've been there it hurts :hug: :hug: I wish I could say it goes away but it never fully does. She was very special and she will always remain very special in your heart :(

3. TinyHoovesRanch

TinyHoovesRanch New Member

Im so sorry, I know how you feel and sadly the pain never goes away. Cherish the ones you have and never forget the ones you lost :(

4. maple hill farm tina

maple hill farm tina Senior Member

Mar 14, 2010
    Rich Patch, Virginia
    I'm so sorry for your loss. :(
    -Tina

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I know your pain.....it is heartbreaking... we get so attached..... goats are beautiful and do love us ...the same as we love them.... it will hurt for a long time.....and she will be dearly missed....... I am so sorry... :( :hug:

6. 4kids

4kids New Member

Jul 21, 2009
    I like to envision heaven with all my goats-- imagine what fun it will be!

7. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I am so sorry for your loss. I know she loved you and she knows you loved her so much. It hurts like someone is putting a sword through your heart, but in time it will heal. Just think of all the great memories you have of her.

I will say I lost a very special doe almost three years ago. Sometimes when I see her grave I still cry.

8. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    I am so sorry for your loss and the immense pain you are feeling. I think all anyone can do is take it day by day. I once told a friend that even though we pass along stories about these special ones in our lives, there are things about them that only we know, and seem impossible to convey with words to other people. As you step through the grieving process, may you find comfort in the memories of Cally that fill your heart. :hug:

9. farmgirl42

farmgirl42 New Member

Jan 2, 2010
    Eastern Ohio
    I'm so sorry you lost your special Cally. :hug:

10. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I am so very sorry :hug: She knew you had done all you could to help her and she knew you loved her very much :hug: She is in a better place now and is no longer in pain. Take comfort knowing that she left you in charge of her babies :hug:

11. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I am so very sorry :hug: .

12. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    I am very sorry to hear she didn't make it :(

13. Shelly Borg

Shelly Borg New Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Redding CA
    Thank you every one. Yesterday I was ready to sell evryone. I could not do this again. 15 min after Cally went my phone went off and it was time to take my DD to 4H. It was the best thing I could have done. The others there cried with us and we talked about how much they come to mean to us. When it was time to leave I was told to go home and get the boy kids so we could dehorn. Holding the babies and talking to folks while they helped me go through things I needed to get done was a huge help.
    Then some one pointed out that I did not have enough milk to feed who I had what am I going to do with 3 more. Before I even got home some one from my packing group called. There was a doe who had mastitise last year bad and only had 1/2 udder. She kidded 3 days ago and the kids had been pulled at one day. She was full and need to be milked but the owner wanted her sold and gone. At this time we where out of money but when we called to talk to him he was more then happy to get her help as he had to leave for a trip. She is here now and if I can get her udder to soften up (that will be a new thread) we should be all good.
    This morning I woke up and relized that goats are in my blood. I do not ever see me getting rid of my goats. I love them to much.

14. fiberchick04

fiberchick04 New Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Colorado
    Ah Shelly that is a touching story. there is something about 4H people that have healing powers. My 4H friends are like family to me. They are always there for me no matter what. I am so glad you have decided to keep your goats. :hug:

15. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Shelly, I will confess something.

I was gone from here for a bit. I told the other Moderators that I had some things to sort out in my head and life.

Well, one thing I was going through was "what do I do with the goats?". My daughter is out of 4H, and do I really , I mean REALLY need them. OK, I had been praying about it. One day as I went out to feed, and I was like, OK, I am going to sell them. I had really all of them sold and all I did was cry. I cried all day and when I went home and I was crying looking at them my hubby was like "what is wrong?" I told him. He said "why are you going to sell them if they mean so much to you? I will fix the fence that needs fixing and we together will go to the shows. OH Lord, that you so much. I guess that is really what I needed to hear, that he was fine with me keeping them. He never said anything about me selling them at all, it was just me. Then I told my 4H group I was going to sell them. I tell you I had kids calling me and crying "Why Lori, please still be out leader". It broke my heart. I cried even more hearing how upset the kids were. :tears: :tears:

So like Sammy said, 4H people are the best. :love: They are there for you and they know you will be there for them when they need you.

Glad to hear you too are staying in the goats. :stars:

I feel really bad because Sammy was one that was going to purchase my best Cashmere goats I had, and I had to tell her I could not do it. :tears: She was SO understanding about it also.

16. fiberchick04

fiberchick04 New Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Colorado
    Lori, I wasn't upset at all. I was actually happier hearing that you were going to keep them, because I'd hate to see you go. Truely I was happier.

:love: