The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a pygmy/nigerian that is due soonish? I thought for sure she would have gone around the last few days of march, going into April. Nothing.
She is a first timer so I have nothing to go by.
She looks like she dropped about 5 days ago. She had a lot of thick white discharge on the 9th of this month.
Her symptoms for the past week (most have been really strong for a day or so now)...
Pawing, she made a nest a few hours ago.
Ligaments are gone but then come back, only to go away again.
Constantly biting at her sides, her udder, and her back end. (no lice or mites, I've checked)
Rubbing down the wall of the stall
Swollen lady bits but no discharge
Udder has doubled in size in the past week but not full. Her teats are starting to stick out to the sides.
Breathing heavily
Constantly up and down
She moans and groans laying down, standing up...
She appeared to have some minor contractions today but they have stopped.

I'm just hoping for somewhat of an estimate. She has 4 teats, not even sure if they are going to work properly. I really don't want to miss this birth, just in case we do need to bottle feed.

All pictures except for the last one was taken today. The last was taken on April 13th. View attachment 207473 View attachment 207472 View attachment 207474 View attachment 207475
Terrestrial animal Plant Grass Beak Snout

·
Registered
896 Posts
It's hard to say judging from the first and third pictures, she looks totally different. However, I'd guess just looking at the pictures and the symptoms you are describing, within the next few days. But, trying to guess when a doe kids, is like trying to answer the question, "what time is purple?"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts