How did you hear about TGS?

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by StaceyRosado, Jan 18, 2009.

1. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Call me nosey, crazy or just curious.......

How did you hear/find The Goat Spot?

Was it an add somewhere, or a website -- a search engine (if so what were you searching for may I ask?)

well I will start

I created it :slapfloor: ok that was lame :roll:

2. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    And I heard about it from you, Stacey. :D Is that any better? :shades:

3. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I'm not sure Bethany :scratch:

4. Iwantgoats

Iwantgoats New Member

Oct 3, 2008
    Missouri
    I belong to a chicken forum (BYC) and I know goats are my next venture and so I decided to look for a goat forum and did a search on yahoo and TGS popped up. Thus, here I am. :cool:

5. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    I actually think I first heard about TGS from Allison! And then from Stacey! And then I figured if two people really like it, maybe I should check it out. And sure enough i'm hooked! You guys are great! :D

6. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I was invited in the very very beginning from Stacey :) We were "friends" on an old site that no longer exists.

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I was googling my website name Tothboergoats.... to check out, how spread out there I was with my site advertising on the web, well I came across an interesting site......... :shades: talking about "my goats"....Alaskaboers ....(thank you Alaskaboers "Katrina") ....was asking you all ...your opinions from a post called "help me choose", I had to respond and answer the questions ...that all of you had.... about my goats.. :greengrin: ...so I signed up to respond and HERE I AM........I love it here.. :hug: ..you are all like family to me.....:grouphug:

8. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    Allison mentioned something about a goat forum when we chatted back and forth on email and then I just typed in 'goat forum' on google and there you were! Waiting for me to terrorize you guys! :ROFL:

9. DopeyOpie

DopeyOpie New Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Canada
    I found it doing a Google search for goat forums :) I browsed through a few but TGS looked the friendliest and nicest!

10. creaturesall

creaturesall New Member

Oct 26, 2007
    Langdon, AB Canada
    I had only been a member of the Goat Web about two days when it just disappeared from the map. So, I did a google search and found TGS. Good news for me . . . not so good for you guys.

11. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I heard from it from none other then Stacey. "Thank you so much Stacey for doing this"

12. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    Ditto... exact same scenario! But I guess that didn't help any either huh??? :scratch:

13. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Oh you all make TGS Special -- yes you too Talitha

Keep responding I love hearing how we all came together.

Tothboergoats = good example how we need to be careful how we talk about others goats :wink:

14. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
    My story is the same as Megans.

15. PiccoloGoat

PiccoloGoat goat girl x0x0

Sep 10, 2008
    Australia
    lesserweevil dragged me into this :greengrin: :greengrin: :greengrin:

And i met her through a horsey game :ROFL:

I just mentioned i loved goats and she put me straight here so ive been hooked since :D

16. 4hmama

4hmama New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    No. Central WV
    Recommended by someone from BYC.

17. tat2edlady

tat2edlady New Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Lexington, NC
    I am a member of a chicken board (byc).I have 3 NDG does and just got a new mate for them.

Mindy

18. grandmajo

grandmajo New Member

Oct 14, 2008
    Pioneer, Ohio
    I'm a joined another forum, but didn't want to ask many questions after seeing some get their "heads bitten off". Decided to search for a more friendly forum, and did a google for goat forum, so here I am.

19. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    Search engine... The_Boer_Goat gets pretty scary sometimes.

Yeah..i remember that, when you replied, i was like...ummm i hope she has a good sense of humor. Because someone had said that you didnt castrate your buck kids...but i posted that cause i really thought your goats were what i needed.

:hug:

20. dobe627

dobe627 Senior Member

Oct 16, 2007
    southeast PA
    I too was on "the goat web" and really liked alot of the people there. But when I couldn't get onto it for a while I hunted stacey down( one of the people from GW I really liked) and she told me about it. And even if I don't log in I do check it at least every day. Cathy