The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a does and had them shipped to me half way across the US. Happy with the girls, but they have mites. One has them along her back and inside of back legs. 2 others have them around the pastern area on all 4 feet. Itchy, Dry, flaky, bald patches. Red and goopy in creases. I've given 2 shots of Ivermec, sprayed effected areas with blue coat and other antibiotics, washed them, clipped them, used bag balm....anything I could think of. Not really any improvement. Any remedies you all have would be helpful.

·
Registered
30,616 Posts
Ivomec 1 cc per 40# sub Q once a week for 3 weeks..that should clear it up but seems you have done quite a bit already...could be staph has set in...could you post a picture?

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you. I'll try that too. I'll also try to get a few pics this morning.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yup...exactly. Would another antibiotic work in place of the gentamycin I wonder?

·
Registered
30,616 Posts
yep leg mites...injecting Ivomac usually works I also read using it as a dip or spray also works ..use it weekly for three weeks, you know success has been achieved when you see hair growing back....mites also can live a short while off the goat, l.so cleaning bed area is very important..keep an eye on all goats for sign of mites..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts