The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I tattooed my alpine wether today, but he ABSOLUTELY felt the need to shake his head repeatedly and get himself messy. Fair is in 3 1/2 weeks and my understanding is that you're supposed to blend the hair on their head into the clipped part of their body... so how on earth am I supposed to get this off of him in time?!?
:confused:

Any help or advice would be VERY appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Bathe him with the "blue shampoo" or any type of horse stain removing shampoo. What fair do you attend? Were i live we cant take wethers to fair.

·
I'm not addicted - I'm in love!
5,018 Posts
Doesn't alcohol or something remove tattoo ink? I've never tattooed so I have no firsthand experience, but it seems like I read that on here.

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I go to midland county fair. They have a dairy wether class for 1 year and under, which is what I will be showing him in, as well as a pet wether class. Thanks for the advice;) I even tried purposely not to get him all greened up since his sister got some on her too, but he is waaayyy worse:mad:

·
Goat Girl
2,018 Posts
I agree with Toth, I think it will be worn off by then. Even if it isn't it shouldn't make a difference if he is a little green. I see kids at shows all the time that are covered in ink, even the Saanens lol.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I know you shouldn't put neosporin on human tatoos because it can ruin the tatoo. I wouldn't put alcohol on it either. That would really hurt!

I agree with the others that it will wear off by 3 1/2 weeks.

·
I'm not addicted - I'm in love!
5,018 Posts
^ LOL Pam! :ROFL:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts