The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. Sorry, this question is probably so overdone and I know I probably sound stupid BUT, I got a goat who is about 3 years old, has had twins and is a saanen, HOWEVER, I am new to goat breeding or kidding.. I have a nubian/saanen buck who is roughly a year+ now, they've been in together for about 5 months/6 months since September. I have seen them mate once shortly after introduction. Anyways, I have suspected her to be pregnant for a few weeks now which is great if so, past week or so her udders have become FULL. a lot fuller and tighter feeling than her normal but not as full as some of the pictures on Google of pregnant goat udders.

She has let me itch her all over, I scritch her stomach everytime I pet her etc. well I noticed she was producing milk! What?? I don't notice too much of a change in her vulva or anything like that besides it might look a tad swollen.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I will mention her previous owners had sold her due to her udders being funny looking/sort of disfunctional for milk. One of her udders is slightly smaller and higher up, but they are very full. I wonder if that could be why her udders don't look the same as those on google.

·
Registered
30,207 Posts
With the buck running with her, if she and the buck are fertile..shes pregnant;)

Sounds like her udder is beginning to fill up. Can you post a picture of her udder so we can see what her situation looks like.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
6CB4A440-D61F-42D2-A1E3-A399FB5ADB3F.jpeg
89D70FF7-9A84-45B3-A34E-312B45C8D00B.jpeg
A15C7B02-4911-4D79-97A3-B25F4632619A.jpeg
Yes, sorry for the late reply! This is Jenna. She was on a mission to eat.
With the buck running with her, if she and the buck are fertile..shes pregnant;)

Sounds like her udder is beginning to fill up. Can you post a picture of her udder so we can see what her situation looks like.

Attachments

·
Registered
30,207 Posts
Shes a pretty girl,, live waddled.

As for the strange looking udder, Her udder looks a bit lopsided, no medial and poorly attached. This could cause issue as she ages..strain on her back, udder may hang lower with each freshening.
I dont see any reason she won't be able to support kids..but I would make sure to breed her to an exceptional buck to improve her kids chance of better udder structure.

Reactions: goatblessings
1 - 11 of 11 Posts