The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Shady Acre Homestead
14,229 Posts
Hi...what breed are they? That will tell you if they are seasonal or year round.Also, they should be in good condition and large enough before breeding.Depending on breed, they need to be a certain weight before being bred.
Some signs of heat are...pawing the ground, tail "flagging", extra noisy, mounting each other, discharge and there are probably more.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi...what breed are they? That will tell you if they are seasonal or year round.Also, they should be in good condition and large enough before breeding.Depending on breed, they need to be a certain weight before being bred. Some signs of heat are...pawing the ground, tail "flagging", extra noisy, mounting each other, discharge and there are probably more.
They are mini Nubians

·
Banned
5,939 Posts
The usual signs of heat are flagging, frequent urination - with or without actually producing urine, more talkative and/or pretty much constant yelling, tongue flapping and/or bucky noises, mounting/being mounted by other does, pinker/redder swollen and moist vulva, clear discharge, hanging out at the fenceline closest to the buck, can be off feed, and/or restlessness.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The usual signs of heat are flagging, frequent urination - with or without actually producing urine, more talkative and/or pretty much constant yelling, tongue flapping and/or bucky noises, mounting/being mounted by other does, pinker/redder swollen and moist vulva, clear discharge, hanging out at the fenceline closest to the buck, can be off feed, and/or restlessness.
Thanks, ok it think I figured it out. I picked out one of my girlies that was flirting big time and put her in with one of the boys and wowed did they go at it. It sure didn't take long either. I left her in overnight last night and tonight and will move her back with the girls tomorrow. Now to watch for another one!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.