How do I tell??

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by Victoria, Feb 26, 2010.

1. Victoria

Victoria New Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Vernonia, Oregon
    I brought Zapporah home from the breeders..she is my Three year old LaMancha I just got a few weeks ago..She was not bred..because she is pregnant already...building an udder, her vulva is soft and opens up when she walks around. She is very vocal and sweet . I did not expect this, although she had to been bred by a Nigerian Buck that is awesome!!
    My question is, I know some of you on here can tell how far they are...I just want to know how can you tell?? I can see babies moving, kicking...her lig's arent all that soft, but a bit squishy..is there really a formula to tell how far???How long before babies??

2. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Sorry, I never encountered that issue. I do know that the earliest I have felt kids moving was at 3 months and then it was just flutters....at 4 months you can feel kicks. Seeing them move is something I see more towards the end of a pregnancy when space is limited.

3. bheila

bheila New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Kent, Wa
    When one of my does was 4 months along I could really feel those buggers moving around and when I would look at her from the side I'd see them moving too.

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    if she is starting a visible udder and you can feel teh kids kicking I say she aprox 4 months along

5. Victoria

Victoria New Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Vernonia, Oregon
    That's what I thought..okay, thanks