The Goat Spot Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,546 Posts
Have you tried an auction?? I'm not sure about your location, but around here goats, sheep, and pigs are SELLING like no other! The hispanics buy them for breeding, milking, and eating and sellers are getting good profit on these animals. I can see how this may sounds cruel, but just a thought. We have a local auction for pigs,sheep,goats, cows, llamas, horses, and whatever else you can think of every Saturday. Can't sell the horses, well really, can't give em away! But the sheep and goats seem to go real high there! I personally don't auction mine, probably cause they're pygmies and nigerians and pretty much not edable. We sell ours usually before they're born. Maybe you're just not in a good buyer area?? Anyway, hang in there!!! :hug:

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Well good news. the people that came yesturday took dixie and rhythm, and i threw in rhythms kid for free. Also had a young 4-her buy my whether for her market goat. So im down four, its a big weight off the shoulders. Im down a little bit of milk for the kids, but most of them are ready to go to once a day feedings anyways.
We do have two auctions on this side of the mountains, Im half way between them They are about two and three hours each way. Goats at market arnt selling well here, $25 or $30 is average. I have been getting a lot of calls, its just people want the milk but not the goat, or they want to pay fifty dollars for a papered milker thats show quality...
but i feel better now thanks for all the suggestions.
beth

21 - 22 of 22 Posts