How do you display your ribbons

Discussion in 'Show Circuit' started by StaceyRosado, May 4, 2009.

1. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    It was so much fun to get ribbons at the show last year...then Angie received Grand Champion Junior doe and I have the big ribbon hanging in my room.....but no one but me or my mom comes into my room.

I was going through my binder with all the goat stuff when Ashely was here and my mom said "you should hang those ribbons up in your barn"

so I got to thinking how does everyone else show off their ribbons? I dotn want the big one to get soiled or ruined in the barn so I need ideas on how to keep it clean.

Do you ever take your previous show ribbons to the next years shows??

2. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    I have mine hanging in my room right now, but I've seen breeders who have them hung up in their milk room, or in a clean non goat area of their barn. The ones with them hanging in the barn have them on a bulliten board(with the cork back) with a sheet of clear plastic over the top. The ribbons still looked nice even though some of them were quite old.

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Mine ...are just placed ...in a box......that way... they shouldn't get dusty.... :wink: :greengrin:

4. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    mine are on my wall...

5. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
  6. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    wow.. i feel like a jerk.. but i throw mine i a tote tub

not too big on bragging and trying to be a "showoff".. i mean.. you get waht you get.. i bought my first goat from a breeder who had tons of ribbons everywhere and the doe was as far from being anything near a ribbon winner.. i got laughed out of a showring with it!

and my best does and buck right now are from breeders who didn't have they're big fan fare out

i DO have my reserve 4h champion market wether ribbon out.. but that's because it's jelani's... and he was absolutely fantastic.. and is now tacos

7. Shantarskiye

Shantarskiye Member

Apr 15, 2009
    Indiana
  8. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    My daughter use to put them on the wall, but pretty soon that was all that was on the wall. Now oh I think she just has them in a trunk. At last count two years ago she had over 600 ribbons. I wish she would at least hang her Premier Breeder, Premier Exhibitor, and the Grand Champion and reserve Champion stuff. She saiid no I do not need to have more stuff to dust.

9. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    <-------------- Wishes I had just one to hang :(

10. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Same here Allison. :tears:

But when I had ribbons from my horse showing days I would hang them in my room on my wall. Once I ran out of room they went in a box. lol

11. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Same here! ;)

12. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    but what good are they in a box :shrug: no one can see them and they just take up space.

Unless do you take them out later for something? DO you send them with buyers?

13. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    i usually give important ribbons to buyers

14. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin