The Goat Spot Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,224 Posts
I commend you Stacey for thinking the way you do! You know what you want and strive to get it but keep your heart in it too. I know that eventually I may have to "make the same " decision, but for now, I think you know in your heart which ones will be staying with you. And don't be afraid of being "picky" when it comes to the buyers, they should give them the same type of love and care that you have!

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
I never thought i would be able to sell my favorites. My first alpine doe harmony i thought i would have her for life, but i was getting serious about showing and she just wasnt going to make it in the ring. i sold her so i could buy cally. Cally was a wonderful doe, not the greatest confirmation but she produces awsome kids and kids easily. AShe was a great brood doe. There again thought i would never sell her, but so i could keep nicer does (like you i have a limit) i had to sell her. She went to a wonderful home (sybil) And someday i may even get her back. but for right now i have does that are going to go further in the ring, so someone had to go to make room. IM facing it again now. I like to keep does with my own herdname for my own herd, but im looking at a yearling who is betetr then the five yearlings i have so i may end up selling them so i can get this other doe. Its never easy at first but when you know they go to a good home its not so hard.
beth

21 - 22 of 22 Posts