The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wondered if there's a trick to it; I can feel kids when our Alpines are pregnant, but only once they're at least 3 months along, and then not all the time. I have not mastered being able to tell by feel if there's more than one.
My Nigerian doe is pregnant- dont have a due date, could be July or August- and I felt her kids a few weeks ago, but I haven't been able to be SURE I've felt them since. I'm really hoping she will have triplets, and I'd like to be able to feel for them.

·
Premium Member
29,236 Posts
put your hand up under her belly right in front of her udder. Push up while you push in on her left side. Babies should be able to be felt as they start to move as you just limited their movement space. I have no idea how to feel for multiple kids.

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks- I never thought of feeling underneath- I always tried on the side. Both sides, actually, since some people have said they can feel kids on both sides. :shrug: I'll try it tomorrow; just got back from chores, lol.

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tried this method several times, but she really doesn't like it when I do, lol, so it's hard to tell if it works. I can feel kids sometimes, but not always. I feel like I'm doing it wrong....

·
Goatless goat momma
7,887 Posts
for mine, i felt her kid when i went from underneath, almost right above the udder on the right side, and pushed up, kind of like hugging her back end up to you while you're standing over her. mine did NOT like that at all!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts