how do you say NO (updated picture)

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by RPC, Feb 17, 2011.

1. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

Since jasmine aborted her pregnancy I had to go find another market kid for the kids to show at the fair. While I was there the breeder asked me if I would be interested in a bottle baby? I said I didn't think so. Well once you see that bottle baby and find out its a doe with good teats it makes it even harder to say no. So then I ask how much she would want for her hoping it would be more then I wanted to spend and she said only 50 dollars. What gives now I wanna say no because I don't need another doe but she is a nice looking kid and for 50 dollars I think I could actually make money on this deal. Teach me how to say no and not wonder if I made the wrong choice.

2. TinyHoovesRanch

TinyHoovesRanch New Member

Re: how do you say NO

HAHAHAHAHHA

Im sorry

I cant help, because I dont even know how to say NO! I usually dont have the money and that stops me, but with this deal, honestly it sounds like a pretty good deal.

But if you dont want to do it, say you cant, say NOOOOOOOO :)

3. Goat Crazy

Goat Crazy New Member

Feb 8, 2010
    NE Ohio

Well, if you have the room I'd go for it! Sorry, I afraid I'm not much help in telling you to say NO :devilish:

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

Just say No...LOL....Not ....go for it..... not helping either.. I know... :doh: HeHe.... :wink: :hi5:

5. bleatinghearts

bleatinghearts New Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Fairbanks, AK

Imagine I would have a hard time forming the word.
    N.....ow that a cute kid!
    N.....ever seen one so cute!
    N.....ice teats!
    N.....eeds me, she does.

6. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

:ROFL: That is a good one... :hi5:

7. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky

LOL!!!! I am with you all I have a HARD time saying No! Hubby is the one that can easily say it, not me! Good luck either way Roger, but you gotta get lots of pics if you bring her home! :)

8. Springbett Farm

Springbett Farm Senior Member

Jan 5, 2011
    Nebraska

No? Is that a real word?
    But really...$50 for a nice doeling? Aww c'mon...I call that opportunity. :laugh:

9. farmgirl42

farmgirl42 New Member

Jan 2, 2010
    Eastern Ohio

We're not very supportive are we, Roger? :hi5: Truthfully, if I know that "NO" has to be said, I send my husband. :ROFL: Good luck!

10. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

Well since you all were 100% not supportive and either was most anyone I talked to I am heading down tonight in a little bit to pick her up and put a deposit on the market doe that I am getting Taylor. I will post pictures either tonight or this weekend of her, she is a little red and white paint oreo.

11. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA

Lol...Roger...just a sucker for the bottle babies. Lol. Naahh...I would have bought her too! Can't wait for pics! Congrats!!

12. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

The majority rules.....HeHe.....don't get her because we said so.... :p :laugh: Just kidding...LOL :D

Can't wait to see pics of her.... :hi5:

13. Perfect7

Perfect7 New Member

Apr 19, 2010
    South Georgia

:laugh: Can't wait to see pictures of your pretty little girl! I'll bet she'll make gorgeous babies with that beefcake paint buck you have next year!

14. Idahodreamer

Idahodreamer Senior Member

"No" is not included in the Goat Buyer's Vocabulary. It's been omitted, :roll:

15. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota

And you came to us? HA! Well I'll be expecting pictures!

16. 4hmama

4hmama New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    No. Central WV

Asking goat people how to say no?? Don't know of that many that have that word in their vocabulary! :) We do know how to say congrats on the newbies though! :)

17. GoatJoy

GoatJoy Active Member

Aug 8, 2010
    East Tx

Personally I'm afraid of bottle babies! Before i met my first goat, my husband and i bought a calf bottle baby and im sad to say that he didnt make it. We learned a lot from the situation but as much as i love goats im just petrified to try that again with one :(

Glad you got her though!!! cant wait to see pics!!

18. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

Well I got her at about 6:30 and we made it home at about 7:30. She is tiny compared to the other 2 kids who look like they are 2 months already. The buck (Buddy) is about 2 inches taller then a 5 gallon bucket. The doe (Valentine) is about the same size a a 5 gallon bucket. This girl is about half their size. The breeder said she would tie the mom up everyday for a week trying to get her to except the kid but it just didn't work out so that's when she started bottle feeding her and by that time she was already falling behind. I still think she could turn into a great girl so we will see. She has been named Cashmere.
    This is a bad photo but its the only one I could get with the 3 of them close together it was to show the size difference.
    [​IMG]
    This is Valentine she is getting so big
    [​IMG]
    Cashmere up close
    [​IMG]
    Buddy and Valentine
    [​IMG]
    After a 15oz. Bottle she looks like a beast. This was the first bottle I have fed a goat.
    [​IMG]

19. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

Aww...she is adorable.... I love her.... :hi5: :thumb:

20. GotmygoatMTJ

GotmygoatMTJ New Member

She is so cute. I love boer babies. xDDD

How much were they feeding her?