How do you stop them from walking directly in front of you?

Discussion in 'Mini Mania' started by Cinder, Aug 31, 2008.

1. Cinder

Cinder New Member

Mar 2, 2008
    My two little girls love to go everywhere around the ranch with me. But, they have to walk, literally directly in front of me and often getting between my legs! I've come so close to tripping over them and doing a face plant multiple times. I use my feet to 'push' them out of the way but that doesn't seem to be getting across to them. I don't want to hurt them, but they are about to hurt me.

Anyone else find a way to stop them from walking under me?

2. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    My girls, Lyla, Claribelle, and Leona do that to me too. I just use my feet to move them out of the way, like you said. Sometimes I've accidently stepped on their "toes" and that makes them move a little faster, I don't mean to do that though.

3. heavenlyhaven

heavenlyhaven Senior Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Belmont, NY
    i give them a little nudge with my knee and make a "hup hup" sound
    lol
    after a while all i have to do is yell "hup hup" and they get to stepping
    especially if it's dinner time
    i won't feed if they don't move outta my way
    ;)

4. Nigie Girl

Nigie Girl New Member

Oct 19, 2007
    CT
    hehe I was going to say use a stun gun (just kidding!)
    actually my goats do that too...I just practice showing and leading with them more and walk them so that my arm is out to my side and I lead them almost AWAY from me. and if they start to weave in front of me I use my little handy dandy spray bottle (with water) and they'll straighten out. they get the point after awhile.
    it's just their natural instincts though because if you've seen goats in a huge herd, they do that to each other...it's a dominance thing...almost to see who can get to the front of the herd to lead.

5. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

this is their way of telling you where they are. If you watch babies with their moms they do the same thing to their dam. Its just them saying hey mom here i am.
    beth