The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what you guys to store your saddles. I had been thinking along the lines of a roundish table leg or something similar that was big enough diameter to hold a saddle good, I just don't know how to get my idea from my head to the wall. My husband thinks I am nuts on this and is no help.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Laid on a shelf in the shed. Out of the weather, of course. I think all you need to do is keep them dry and out of the sun. When we go for day hikes we just throw them into the back of the pickup along with all the panniers and bags and walking sticks and stuff. We have a camper shell on the truck to keep everything of the weather, tho.

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
I hang mine by the straps on a big plastic covered hook. There is a line of these down the two by four upright in the barn. The ones I'm not using are stored in a big metal garbage can with a metal lid so mice and rats can't chew on the straps and felt/

·
Registered
45 Posts
I use saddle racks for horse saddles, screwed to the wall, in a room of the barn that is mouse-free and can be heated enough to prevent dampness. This equipment can represent a fairly substantial investment that I would like to protect as much as possible.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts