How does she look?

Discussion in 'Show Circuit' started by Hailee's Herd, Nov 9, 2007.

1. Hailee's Herd

Hailee's Herd New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Michigan
    How does Shadow look set up? She is 6 months old.
    [​IMG]

Here is another one from when she was almost 5 months.
    [​IMG]

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Hehe I don't have a good eye but I say she looks mighty fine!

If you pinched down on her back in the right spot she would straighten out much more and look really level I would think.

Front and rear views would be helpful to see her depth and width and her escutcheon.

3. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    She's beautiful Hailee! She's built a lot like my Heidi, with a lot of leg! :wink: I'll have to agree with Stacey that maybe if you pinch her down in the right spot she'd look a touch better. I think the front and rear pics will really help though.

4. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    ADORABLE. She is cute as ever. I have to say that I think she has a really bas slope to her back end. It could be the way she is standing, and like Stacie said, straighten out the back and that might go away a little

5. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    It also might depend on how used she is to be handled. That's how Lyric is.
    Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

She's getting better about it! :wink: What about Splash? :roll:

6. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Crissa, She is adorable.

7. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    She is very pretty love her coloring :D Here's what I think about her confirmation:
    Set up pic, she looks to be short bodied, when she's not set up she looks fine. She has nice body capacity, dairy character and general appearance. She looks like she's pretty tall for her age. Her withers could be a little sharper but they blend nicely into her long neck. Her topline is very level. Her rump angle is a little steep but a better angle does come with age. She is standing on very strong feet and legs, she has good strength in her back pasterns.
    I'm suprised she doesn't trip over those ears!! lol

8. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Thank you! And I agree with goathappy, though I don't think I'm really as qualified to say much! :roll:

Hailee, you should have seen my first market lamb show, it was hilarious now that I think back on it! My lamb was not trained AT ALL!
    I found the pic!

[​IMG]

Dang talk about being a novice! I had NO CLUE what I was doing! LOL. EEEKKK look at my hair! :shocked: No wonder my lamb wouldn't listen to me! She had too much hair in her face! :shock:

9. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    LOL I can't imagine what I looked like my first show :lol:
    I like your hair, at least it isn't long and frizzy like mine :shock:
    I was talking about Hailee's goat above, but here's what I think of Lyric(the better pick :wink: )
    Lyric is very long in body and has a nice topline. I'd like to see it a touch more level but that comes with age. Her withers are sharp and blend smoothly into her long neck. She has good general appearance, body capacity and dairy character. I'd like to see a bit stronger feet on her though.

10. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Sorry, I was talking about Shadow too. I loooove Shadow! I think she's just a beautiful little doe! So Shadow has better feet than Lyric right? How do you tell?

11. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    I wish I could get some LaManchas that color, I'm so tired of black and black and tan. I want splashes and spots!!! lol Caesar should fix that, along with everything else :wink: :D
    Looking at Lyric, it looks like she needs a pedicure and it would make her feet look stronger. Upon closer inspection, since her toes are a bit long, it gives you the optical illusion that her pasterns are weak. Could also be the stand, those stands make my goats' feet look bad too. Shadow's feet look better because you can see that she has deep pasterns(thats a good thing) and the flat surface shows that a lot better.

12. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    You're right about her needing trim, but my dad managed to lose my clippers so I have to find some other way to trim them, any suggestions? I love the colors too! Although I've been wanting one that was black with cream trim. Lyric has little splash on her left leg that goes up on the inside, but that's all the color she has. Have you seen Lyric's parents? Lyric is also 10 months old now! I don't remember how old she is in that pic.

I feel like I've stolen Hailee's thread, I'm sorry! :(

13. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    I remember the pics you posted of them, they are pretty :)
    The only thing I would say is buy another pair of trimmers, they say you can use pruning shears but I don't trust them.........

14. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I have used pruning shears for years, they dull easily though.

15. Hailee's Herd

Hailee's Herd New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Michigan
    Thanks everyone for responding!
    Crissa, you didn't steal my thread! I love hearing about your sheep and Lyric and Heidi. I liked the pic you posted. You have some nice hair!
    goathappy, Stacey, and sweetgoats, thanks for the pointers.:)

16. Hailee's Herd

Hailee's Herd New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Michigan
    Oh, and Splash does not cooperate at all. She will stand still but when you move her leg back she just pulls it back to where it was. :roll:

17. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    That's also how Lyric used to be, just work with her some more. Like keep moving it where you want it until she leaves it for a minute and reward her. By the way I cut my hair! And it's already almost back to that length! :shock:

18. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Hailee, She will get better at standing the more you work with her. She is a real doll, so I can see that she will do just fine with time.

19. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    I agree with Sarah on both Shadow and Lyric. :)

Hailee,

We got to see Shadow's full sister! She is a yearling. We thought about getting her, but she is bred to Boer buck and we don't really want to mess with Boer kids.... :?

20. Hailee's Herd

Hailee's Herd New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Michigan
    Neat Jacque! Where did you see her at? Carolyns?