How far along do you think my doe is?

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by SkyesRanch, Dec 11, 2010.

1. SkyesRanch

SkyesRanch New Member

Nov 11, 2010
    Stephenville, Texas
    She was bred awhile back and I am trying to figure out how close she is. I think she has one maybe two. She has had an udder developing for about a month now. Lemme know what you think!

Attached Files:

2. SkyesRanch

SkyesRanch New Member

Nov 11, 2010
    Stephenville, Texas

3. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    We need to know when she was with the buck, when did she go in and come out? It is hard to tell you if we have really NO idea what time frame we are talking.
    How old is she and has she ever kidded before?

4. minibarn

minibarn Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    ontario canada
    just judging by her udder, i would guess still another month to go. good luck!

5. milk and honey

milk and honey Senior Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Everett, WA
    I have no idea... but she looks somewhat similar to my doe that's due in mid to late Feb... all except for your girl's udder which looks further along.. She sure is a pretty thing! I love her colors. Nigerian?

6. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Since she was bred "awhile back" it's hard to say, and not knowing if this is her first freshening or not even has something to do with how her udder looks. IF she is a FF, my guess would be that she has a minimum of 3 weeks...max is 6 weeks. If she's had kids before, going by her udder she could still have 2 months to go.

7. SkyesRanch

SkyesRanch New Member

Nov 11, 2010
    Stephenville, Texas
    She is a is a Nigerian, first freshener. She was in the pen with the buck from July - August.

8. RedStickLA

RedStickLA New Member

Jan 6, 2009
    South Louisiana
    My guess would be around mid January. I have 3 girls that were bred August 21st and are due January 18th and she looks to be about the same as them. :shrug:

9. Hidden Waters Farm

Hidden Waters Farm New Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Maine
    Im new to the pooch thing but she looks really close to my Nigerian doe who's 151 day kidding date is February 28. so I agree with milk and honey.

10. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Well...if she was bred in early to mid July, she'd have a larger udder and kids by now :wink:
    If she was bred after the 31st of July to end of August, she'd be due to kid at 150 days anytime from December 28th to January 28th. Most ND kid anytime from day 145...but I still think her udder growth indicates New Year kids.

Hmmmmmm...... sorta makes my previous guess about right then going by her udder development :wink: