How far along is she?

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by Frozenloc2, Apr 6, 2008.

1. Frozenloc2

Frozenloc2 New Member

Jan 12, 2008
    Northern Maryland
    I bought a pregnant doe and no clue when she is ready to give birth and I can't stand it. I was told its not her first time. Her bag has grown considerably in a week. From all your experience what do you have has a guesstimate? She's a looney tune and I have her on camera but I really can't miss this girls birthing experience. I need to give these kids some love before mom makes them psycho. I'm sure she is close but does she look close enough for this month or next? BTW, she is a pygmy

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff12 ... G_1181.jpg
    http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff12 ... G_1176.jpg

2. zatsdeb

zatsdeb New Member

Jan 19, 2008
    Lincoln Illinois
    her milk bag looks pretty big! With mine I just went through the longest month!! I thought they were due the 11th of last month, and they fooled me, but the sure thing with 2 girls is they started leaking a clear thickish fluid, and then a few hours later babies, now my ginger, she kept leaking the mucas strings, a month ago, and the day before she kidded she started pacing, and sniffing me, and everything! and the next morning she kidded. their milk bags got pretty full too, but not tight like my saanan, I have 2 saanans, 1 kidded the 2nd of april, and the boers the 3rd, and 5th. you just have to keep watching, and try not to go crazy!!!! :hammer:

3. cjpup

cjpup New Member

Dec 1, 2007
    TX
    Looks like she needs to drop a little more. I saw from the first pic, a little discharge. Is it discharge or just urine? I would say probably less than a week to go. That udder is big enough (and bald enough) to be tomorrow! Is she so psycho you cant get ligs on her?>

CJ

4. Frozenloc2

Frozenloc2 New Member

Jan 12, 2008
    Northern Maryland
    Boy, you are good. She had just got done peeing when I took that pic. I caught her today to trim some hooves and her ligs are there but she does look more hollow than last week.

5. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Like CJ said, she needs to drop more, but her udder is looking nice :) I'd say anywhere from 2 weeks to a month.

6. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I agree that she has at least a month to go. A pygmy's udder gets so full it seems odd to see on a little goat. The baldness she has looks as though she's close. When those babvies drop you'll be able to tell for sure as there seems to be no ground clearance on a preggy pygmy!

7. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Well since we don't know the capacity of this line I would guess anywhere from a couple days to about 2 weeks. I've got a line of black does who do not get huge and they tend to look like that before doubling their udder overnight and kidding. Mine are Nigerians though.

8. Suellen

Suellen New Member

Mar 9, 2008
    Paragonah, Utah
    Since the udder looks good I would keep checking the ligs and watching for her to get restless. As far as projecting when? I am terrible at that. I will think :girl: for you. Hang in there. :hair:
    Suellen