The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I have a sick doe the vet recommended the five day treatment with the powder Corid mixed with water I was wondering how fast acting Corid is. today is day two of treatment.
Thank you

·
Goat Crazy!
6,481 Posts
It depends on how heavy the parasite load is. In mild cases I see changes in a day or two. In worse cases it can be 3-5 days.

·
Super Moderator
83,733 Posts
5 days is all you need to do, when treating cocci using corid.

If I have a tough case and scouring is continuing after the next day. I will give pig scour halt, go by instructions, but double dosage.
Give 2 x a day for 3 days.

After all treatments are finished, the next day after last day of treatment, rebuild the gut with probiotics and fortified vit B complex SQ for 3 days. At 6 cc's per 100 lbs.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
vets recommend cattle be treated for 10 days, goats are not cows but I have not had a problem with cocci returning since I started treating at least 7 days, my kids grow bigger faster and moma (who has access to the treated water) does not get the cocci blooms most does get, she doesnt loose much condition nor loose milk production, when I first started with goats I would do only 5 days and keep moma away from it, well, the kids had problems with cocci constantly, seemed like 1-2 weeks after the 5 days I was treating again, and moma skinny as a rail with everything I could feed her, not much milk, (a poor doer in my definition) you have seen my goats so you know I am VERY picky :hide:, this may not work for everybody, but it works for me! and maybe for someone who doesnt dry lot 5 days is enough.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts