The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to let you all know I am saying prayers for everyone that is in the way of this storm. It is so cold here in CO, that I have had several people call me and ask for help to warm up the babies. A few did not make it.

I know at my house it was -42 with wind and it is headed to the East, or it is there already I am not sure.

Please when you go out to feed and things bundle up really warm, cover that face, ears and so on. I was all bundled up but I am in a cast and well not glove to fit, so I had to use towels.

Remember to give those goats warm water if there water is frozen. They can drink it really pretty hot, remember their body temp is highter then ours. Lots of hay, that is what keeps them warm as that is what keeps the rumen active and produces the body heat, not grain like people think. Don't forget lots of thick straw for them to bed down in.

Please let us know how you are all doing.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
We are good, the worse hadn't hit here yet......went out and checked boys, they are fine......like you said hot water, lots of hay and extra bedding!

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I looked around and did not see that someone had already did a topic on this.

We did not get the snow like they said either, we only got a dusting. I think it was to cold to snow to be honest.

·
Premium Member
29,236 Posts
we are getting sleet and freezing rain -- Im SO HAPPY! ok so its not the ideal situation but its better then inches of snow which I am tired of!

Keep warm and keep your goaties warm all

·
I'm not addicted - I'm in love!
5,018 Posts
Wow, we are having a warm snap in AL! Prayers for everyone in the cold.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts