How is she looking?

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Maggie, Mar 29, 2011.

1. Maggie

Maggie New Member

Nov 5, 2010
    Floyd, Va
    I posted a while back about some does that I had that were just not growing. We had dewormed them aggressively and put them on calf manna. They had been quarantined for 3 or 4 months. I was a little hesitant about putting them with the herd and having to compete for food, but they are actually doing much better.
    This was the doeling that looked the worst when we got her.
    [​IMG]
    And this is her last week. I doubted that she would ever make it over 75 pounds, we weighed her yesterday and she is 79 pounds.
    [​IMG]

2. Sarah

Sarah New Member

Mar 11, 2011
    Olive, Oklahoma
    Im not a goat expert but my oh my she did grow! And she is a pretty girl too! What are the ages in the photos?

3. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    She does look WAY better in the second photo...you've done really well with her! Way to go!

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    she is looking good - how long of time between the photos?

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Oh my... :shocked: what a big difference... great job.....she looks great......... :thumb: :hi5:

6. Maggie

Maggie New Member

Nov 5, 2010
    Floyd, Va
    Thanks. Believe it or not she is 6 or 7 months in the first photo (so you can see why we thought she was yonger!). Our 2 1/2 month old bucklings are bigger! Shes 1 year old in the next photo. We did finally decide that we are going to sell her, shes not going to fit into our plans for a show herd, she'd be better of in a commercial herd or just a pet. We were just waiting until she was looking good and put on some more weight, and also to register her. I am still debating on the one doe that is her half sister and was the quadruplet, I'd like to see how she matures a bit more. And the other red doe, I am pretty sure my mother in-law wants as a pet.

7. Perfect7

Perfect7 New Member

Apr 19, 2010
    South Georgia
    WOW! If not for the head markings, you wouldn't be able to convince me that was the same doe! Very nice job with her. :applaud: She looks amazing!

8. GotmygoatMTJ

GotmygoatMTJ New Member

Some people actually like the smaller does because they are less maintainance(so I've heard, lol).
    But I think thats in more of a commercial operation.

You've done a lovely job with her though! She looks great!