How late is too late? Need help! doe about to kid

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by jay13, Feb 10, 2011.

1. jay13

jay13 New Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Central NC
    Millie looks like she may go in the next few hours or at the latest tomorrow. My question is this: How late is too late to give her the CD/T and BO/SE shot that is supposed to be given before kidding? Did I miss the window? I just got my supplies in so that is why I waited....

2. Jamieluvshernigis

Jamieluvshernigis New Member

Dec 13, 2010
    colorado
    I'm new but from what I understand CD/T should be given a month prior to kidding. I have no idea about BO/SE. Hopefully someone who knows will be on soon to help.

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Yes both should be given 3-4 weeks before kidding. I would just hold off now and wait till she actually kids then give the shots

4. jay13

jay13 New Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Central NC
    Thank you Stacey. I meant to, but 1) I wasn't sure when she was due and 2) finances prohibited the purchase until recently. I should just wait and see if the kid needs the Bo-Se then? How long should I wait to give the CD/T?

5. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Yep like Stacey said. I give my does the CDT 2-4 weeks before kidding.

I have had that when i had no idea when they were to kid, so I took my chance. no big deal at all, it just means the babies need a CDT 2cc at 28 days then anouther 28 days and then another 28. If mom does not get her shot the baby needs three, if mom did get her shot then the baby needs it just twice.

6. jay13

jay13 New Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Central NC
    Thank you lori for the clarification. I felt horrible that I didn't get them on time, but its just nuts that she keeps playing with me.

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I agree with the others ...and wait....it is OK ...we all sometimes forget..... :hug: