How long before kidding when . . .

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by Idahodreamer, Feb 27, 2010.

1. Idahodreamer

Idahodreamer Senior Member

your does' vulva starts to "open"???
    Daisy is walking around with a open vulva, kinda scary, but no discharge, ligs are pencil hard and not wide enough for me to be 'super alarmed'.
    So I'm just curious to see if there is any time frame for kidding after this start's to happen.
    My standards don't start doing this until about a week before kidding. . . . :scratch: am I going to have day 142 babies, or am I just being OVERLY overly sensative? *because of the stillborn babies from Saca last year, I am taking extra precautions that I usually don't take.**

2. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    As long as her ligs aren't gone you are fine. I've had a couple of does with their parts open for a couple weeks before kidding. :hug:

3. Idahodreamer

Idahodreamer Senior Member

Ok, thanks!! My mom is so sick of me already . . . stressing out over every little thing . . .
    :p just like a newbie goat midwife . . . :slapfloor:

4. farmergal

farmergal New Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Northern California
    Heehee I have been doing the same thing. TGS is great for this! My girl finally kidded, she was looking open (not super open, but definitely loose) for over a week. AND she had mucus for like 5 days. And lost her ligs 24 hours before. And then I had to stay up all night until she finally decided to start pushing at 6:30am. They do it to torture us, I'm quite certain...

Good luck kidding!!! Can't wait to hear how it goes!

5. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    She's normal....my Angel is due at the earliest 3/17 the latest 3/23(witch had a 5 day heat) her parts are gapped as well, but she is much bigger than she was last year too.

I remember your loss with Saca, tragic but at least now you know what to look for and you can be with Daisy when she's ready.

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    It is normal...her body is changing for kidding ...they can do that quite a while prior to the kidding date.....now if ...they start to prolapse...they need to be watched.... :hug: