The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Nubian buckling and doeling both exactly 2 months old. Will it be safe to keep them together for 2 more weeks? My new goats will be here then so they will have companions and their separated pens will be completed as well as the barn... Thanks

·
1,384 Posts
probably, notice his behavior if he isn't bothering her too much then I would let it go for the 2 weeks. If he is riding her a lot then I would move them.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He is acting as he has since I got them a month ago. They play around butting heads and stuff but I haven't seen him try to mount her yet.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks!!! I am so in love with them :) I'll be getting three more (one pregnant) in two weeks so I am hoping to keep the two I have together until then so they won't be lonely!

·
Registered
635 Posts
two more weeks and you're pushing your luck

·
Registered
635 Posts
There is no set age, sexual maturity is not unusual at 3 months. I wouldn't keep a buck and doe together past 2 months. I know of several unfortunate pregnancies caused by 3 month old bucklings. That's why I said 2 more weeks and you're pushing your luck, particularly with two young'uns that sound like they may be siblings.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They aren't siblings...they just happened to have the same birthday. They are actually from two seperate states lol. Thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts