The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a buckling that was born March 3rd, so he will be 5 months soon. I have bottle fed him and he now gets 17 Oz a day. I have lots of extra milk which is part of whyi have let him go so long but I really think it is time. He is growing great. I normally wean mine that I sell around 8_10 Weeks but they are dam raised. He was pulled at birth and I purchased him at 3 Weeks old.

·
Super Moderator
58,834 Posts
It's definitely time. I have a Nubian/LaMancha doe that is coming up on 3 months and I plan to wean her then. She is getting 2 bottles per day.

·
Banned
5,944 Posts
I have a buckling that was born March 3rd, so he will be 5 months soon. I have bottle fed him and he now gets 17 Oz a day. I have lots of extra milk which is part of whyi have let him go so long but I really think it is time. He is growing great. I normally wean mine that I sell around 8_10 Weeks but they are dam raised. He was pulled at birth and I purchased him at 3 Weeks old.
I NEVER bottle feed longer than 3 months, and I try very hard to have them eating sufficient amounts of hay and grain before that. Did I mention that I hate bottle babies? :laugh: My last one was weaned at roughly 2 1/2 months as she was eating 3 lbs of grower pellets a day and 2-3 lbs of hay.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts