The Goat Spot Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Oh and one more thing, I didn't ask them because the vet was out, but would the worms be causing her temp to be up a little? Or just the extreme heat outside maybe? We were in the sun in the hottest part of the day. But still...

·
Registered
31,008 Posts
Recheck her temp in the cool of the eveningor morning to be sure..make sure something else isnt going on

CC and ML are the same...4 cc is only good for 40# goat..if its hook youre treating you need to treat 3 days in a row to kill them..you can Buy Valbazen at most farm stroes a whole lot cheaper than the vet will charge you...the dose is 1 cc per 10# 3 days in a row...recheck fecal to see if a second roundis needed..

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Better news to report this morning. Temp was 100.3. Her waste is more paste like too so that's improvement over the soup we were seeing. I made the electrolyte mixture for her. Heads up! It foams up when you put the baking soda into it! Lol! So the kitchen floor is clean. And is it ok for her to drink a lot of that at once? I mean, like A LOT? I made the 2 quarts and I just let her drink til she didn't want any more. She probably guzzled (and I do mean like -bottoms up guzzled!) about 3/4 of it. Guess she really needed it. And I normally mix some loose mineral in with her grain when I feed in the mornings which I haven't given to her since last Wednesday so dummy me has neglected to give her mineral too. Thought about it today so I just put a big scoop in her trough and she went to town crunching on that. Poor thing. She is going through it. But I gotta hand it to her. She has a good attitude. And she let's me take her temp so sweetly- no slicker suit needed! She just stands there and takes it. I think she understands me when I whisper in her ear that she is my favorite. Shhhhh.... Don't tell the others!

·
Registered
31,008 Posts
lol...she can drink all she wants! and yes..it will fizz up..I think if you add the baking soda first and all the other stuff then add the vinegar last its diluted enough not to fizz : ) But a clean floor is awesome lol
we want her temp to be no lower than 101.3...I bet she is fine..the cool of the morn and all..it really does sound like she is on the mend...she is wanting to eat, drink..working on berries :) soon she will be back on top...keep an eye out for anemia...if she is pale at all keep up with red cell vit B 12...
(yes I do think they know when they are your fav...I know my Rosie does lol)

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
And this morning I see berries in her stall!!! I am thrilled!!!! I'm so proud for her! She is still very pale in the eyelids though. I blessed her with a handful of grain this morning to start picking up the protein. She got her healthy helping of alfalfa hay and her "apple soda" as I like to call it (homemade electrolytes) with the red cell mixed in. Plus a full dose of probios which includes some vitamins. She loves that stuff. Haven't picked up the b complex yet. Gonna see how this red cell works for us. Things are looking up! Thanks for all the great advice and info here. Couldn't have made it this well without y'all!

·
Super Moderator
59,204 Posts
It will take a while for the anemia to go away. I would definitely get the B Complex and give her a shot. If you aren't already doing it, I would also give her Probios daily for a week.

Glad she is finally berries!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts