The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two does with pudding consistency poo and I just collected a fecal sample but can't get it to the vet till the AM. It will be a good 16 hours till I get it to the vet. Is that to long and if not what is the best conditions to keep it in? Thanks :)

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
I've read that you can keep it in the fridge for up to 3-4 days. But if it's room temp you have to take it right away or the eggs will hatch.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I would refrigerate the sample you got now just in case... but in the meantime, I would plan on getting another sample early in the morning up until it's time for you to leave for the vets. (goats always seem to "go" often)

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will only have a few minutes to watch them in the morning light before I leave but I put the samples I have in the fridge. They were out of refrigeration for 1 hour. Thanks for the responses!

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
I agree with what everyone else said. If your taking it the next morning then it should be fine in the fridge over night. I did just that just the other day and the sample was fine.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Now I have to wait another day. The vet is closed today. I tossed the samples I had and suppose I will just take some fresh in the morning.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts