The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two goats a little wither i got at three mos he is four mos
he is spoiled rotten. i have a nj dwarf doe the same age had her nearly. a month she was. never. messed with I've got her where she eats from my hands. but. when. i reach. out. to pet her she. backs away and runs I've worked with her every day but?don't. seem. to be making. progress i don't know what to do i want her to stop. being. scared

·
Banned
5,944 Posts
Be patient and give her time - she will figure out she is safe and you're not going to hurt her. It takes goats a fair amount of time to settle into a new place. It took mine pretty close to a year, but they were adults. Keep working with her and let her set the pace. For not being handled at all, you've made great progress in only a month. :)

·
Super Moderator
58,847 Posts
Do you ever go in and just read a book or something? Don't even try to pet. Let them come up and smell you.

·
1,524 Posts
If all else fails, when she kids, make sure you are with her and get the birthing fluid smells on your hand. She will clean you off and be your friend after that.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes i try and pet her i spend alot of time with. my goats my wither is spoiled rotten. but he was handled since birth she eats from my hand

1 - 5 of 5 Posts