How long would you wait?

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by NubianLover, Oct 11, 2010.

1. NubianLover

NubianLover New Member

Sep 19, 2010
    Nebraska
    I purchased a buckling 2 weeks ago (September 24th to be exact.) I knew that I was not going to get papers that day (they had just been in the process of registering the parents.) She said she would mail in his papers to the ADGA as soon as she could. I have not heard from them nor seen him show up in my currently owned goats on ADGA. It has been 2 weeks and I would assume that the papers should have been sent in by now? How long would you wait to call them? Should I call and just do a checkup and see when I should expect the papers? :shrug:

2. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    That would depend on how backed up the ADGA is.... I know there are there are times when the MGR has a turn around of 4 days whereas during show season it can take 7-8 weeks..... a friendly reminder to the breeder would not be harmful in case they got sidetracked. :)

3. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    I would ask the previous owners how the paperwork is coming along...has it been sent in and whatnot. ADGA definately might be a little busy so sometimes it takes a bit to get everything sorted through.

This is a big reason I don't purchase goats without the papers coming with them. You just never know if the previous owners are ever going to get them too you. Good luck!

4. pelicanacresMN

pelicanacresMN New Member

I would also give a call asking for an up-date. It never hurts to ask & they should understand your concern.

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    2 weeks isnt a long time -- first it takes like 3 days for stuff to be mailed and if it wasnt mailed as soon as you purchased teh goats then it could still be in the process.

First you need to find out if the breeder sent the paperwork in. And then if so wait a couple weeks before contacting ADGA to find out what the hold up is if they arent to you in a month or so

6. SweetBabyPayne

SweetBabyPayne New Member

Oct 6, 2010
    When I called ABGA, they advised their turn around time in house was 12-15 days. I called them about the middle of September. If you rush the registration, which cost $5 each, then they have it done within 3 days. I had to rush some paperwork and from when I mailed it to when I received it back it only took 10 days.

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I would call the Association... they can tell you... if it is being worked on ...or if it has been mailed out .....or even received :wink:

8. NubianLover

NubianLover New Member

Sep 19, 2010
    Nebraska
    Well,
    I called the people I purchased him from. She said she would call as she said she mailed them in. I never heard back from her so I will wait another week.
    Thanks! :hug: