How many are bred?

Discussion in 'Goat Management' started by Perfect7, Nov 28, 2010.

1. Perfect7

Perfect7 New Member

Apr 19, 2010
    South Georgia
    Thought this would be a fun topic. For those doing the fall breeding, how many does do you expect to kid in the spring?
    We have six boer does and one nubian doe that we *hope* are bred to our boer buck. He's been in with the girls since the first of October and was mounting them all the first month. He hasn't tried for awhile and quit blubbering at them, so I'm hoping everyone is settled. We have 3 ff and 4 that have kidded before so I'm hoping for at least 9 babies in March.

2. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I have 3 does bred for February....1 FF and really hoping twins for each of them.

3. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

Well getting them to settle has been a struggle. We have a young buck and he seems to just me a little short to get the 2 larger does. We have 6 does and so far it seems like only 4 are bred. I was hoping for all to be bred for January but it looks like I have 1 January, 1 February, 2 in March and 2 that if they settle this next time its April and May so we will see. If the 2 don't settle then they are not getting bred because I need them to be ready for next year.

4. GoldenSeal

GoldenSeal New Member

Sep 13, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    I have 10 does who I am pretty sure are bred. 6 FF and 4 have previously kidded. Hoping for lots of does, obviously :p 9 out of 10 are nubian.

5. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    whew! lets see

Javelin 88% Boer- Feb 19
    Angel PB Alpine- Feb 14

April-
    Narcissus 23rd
    Rose 24th
    Spirit 22nd
    Eureka 23rd
    Katie 22nd
    Calypso 25th
    I think I'm missing one or two..tired.. ZZZZZ'ss

6. 7thundersranch

7thundersranch New Member

Dec 20, 2010
    NE Oklahoma
    Let's see, here goes my does due dates:

~January~
    Indie 30th

~February~
    Cocoa 14th
    Stormy 20th
    Ohara2 23rd

~April~
    Ohara 19th

And...that's it for now :) I'm excited! I'm reserving people on a waiting list! Just email me or call to get on the list.

[email protected]
    (918)-431-0644

7. firelight27

firelight27 Hopelessly Addicted

Apr 24, 2009
    Southern Oregon
    I've got five, all Nigerian Dwarfs bred to the same buck.

Two due in March, one in April and two in May. Two are FF. I want lots of girls! Lol.

8. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Hmmm....I don't really remember, lol

Rough estimates though(all my kidding notes are at home, I didn't make any online records, and I'm not sure if any goats have been sold that were for sale)
    LaManchas(including 2 experimentals): 9-10
    Oberhasli: 6
    Saanen: 4
    Martha: 1 (Martha is my pet mutt, she's special enough to get her own category of course ;))
    Total: 20

Earliest kidding is the 2nd week of February and the latest is May. I know the 4th week of February we have like 9 does due :shocked:

9. Sunny Daze

Sunny Daze New Member

May 18, 2010
    Fairplay, MD
    I have 8 due in March, 3 due in May, and 2 not yet bred. Most are ND's but I have a couple nubians and mini nubians. 6 are FF's. I was hoping to have everyone one bred for March except the last two but a few did not cooperate with my plan!

10. VickiH

VickiH New Member

Sep 24, 2010
    Ohio
    2 mini-manchas due Valentine's week. I can't think of a better gift than babies. They all boys with their last kidding - 5 boys! So I'm hoping that doesn't happen this time.

11. Coyote Night Acres

Coyote Night Acres New Member

Dec 26, 2010
    Missouri
    January
    24th Tara (lamancha)
    31st Mysti (lamancha)

February
    18th Yvonne (Lamancha)
    24th Ping (Alpine bred to Lamancha)

April
    10th Wee One (Lamancha)
    11th Yoppe (Lamancha)
    16th Wyoming (Lamancha)
    19th Twinkle (saanen/alpine bred to Lamancha)

May
    19th Chapa (saanen/alpine/nubian bred to lamancha)

total of 9
    5 of them will be FF's
    We had a little trouble getting a few settled. Reason being was that the first buck we had here was a little confused he wanted to breed people not doe's. We think he got two out of 5 doe's bred. Needless to say more, we bought another buck (two more actually and we sold the other buck)