How Many Babies in Here??

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by capriola-nd, Jul 23, 2008.

1. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Okay, so here is Bit O' Honey - a nearly 3 year old doe pregnant, first possible due date is the 27th of July. I didn't actually see her get bred but there were the "early signs" of her cycle and I saw that, she's definitely bred (always takes the first time). How many do u think? She's had a set of quadruplet does (first freshening as a yearling!) and another set of quads, two does, two bucks. This girl is my FAVORITE doe! She kids w/ such ease, I just love her and she'll be w/ me forever. Anyways, what do u think?

Oh, these pics were taken on Saturday (the 19th).

2. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Here's one more, I thought this was cute. Sunset is begging Honey to share but I don't think she was too willing. :D Sunset is also pregnant and due in late September, she came to us as a "rescue" and she is a bit thin now. I should get her some beet pulp, is that a good idea?

3. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Sorry about that! I am always accidently adding the wrong pics. THIS is the one I wanted to add. . . .

4. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
  5. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Whew! Your girl does blow up like a balloon! Those are the funniest pics, love them! Especially that last one!!! :leap: :slapfloor:

6. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I'd say a minimum of 3....and they are both pretty girls :)

7. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Re: How Many Babies in Here?? Update: Honey Kidded!

Honey kidded today!! Very easy delivery, as is usual with her. :) She had two does & a buck. One is a pretty chammy. I will get pics posted soon! :D

8. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Congratulations!! :girl: :girl: :boy: :stars:

9. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Congrats!!! Can't wait for piccies! :girl: :girl: :boy:

10. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    CONGRATS!!! That's great! :cool:

11. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    I'm very glad she had triplets as she can feed them alone. With her quads, I think she may have had enough milk (maybe) but she was getting frustrated w/ four kids at her two teats. You could see her frustration. . . . she'd end up just walking away sometimes, so we pulled her wether. She fed the other three just fine and one was a big boy too! Anywho, yeah for goat babies!!! :cool:

12. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN