The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
17,201 Posts
^^^^ How did you do it??? I dont want that few but like 25 high% boer is what I would love to have. I know if my kids were to say away from them I would have 6 less lol but they love them
How did I feed them, or sell them?

· Registered
17,201 Posts
part with them??? Im trying to be tough about it on who to sell, I have 4 that just need to go, but I need to sell more. I look at some and say, 'shes not the direction I want to go, but dang she is a great mom and always gives good live kids' I think I just need to go on a trip and tell everyone the number I want down to and let them just grab some to sell lol
I am incredibly nit-picky about my goats. If there is one thing I don't like about them, i dont keep them.
Keep the best, get rid of the rest. It cost just as much to feed a winner as it does to feed a looser, I realized that a long time ago, and since I had a show herd back then, an animal not fit for show simply wouldn't be kept. That is how I have always kept things.

I don't get attached to hardly anything. The only animals I would not part with, would be my does Peeps, and Babette my 27 year old horse, my bull and shorthorn cow.

Sounds cruel, but I don't want to burn money on something that doesn't fit with my standards. You just gotta know when to draw your line, and put your foot down.

Don't keep everything that's good, keep what's great, show stopping, awesome.

My 60 has dwindled down to 15 over a period of 17 years, so it wasn't all at once. And that 60 was my show herd, but I just didn't need 60 goats. 15-25 is where I like my herd to be now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.