The Goat Spot Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
11, but 3 are wethers that are headed for sale, 7 are my milking does and their daughters, and one resident, spoiled, fat, goofy whether that I keep for sentimental reasons. :)

·
Registered
424 Posts
3 does
2 wethers
6 doelings

All boer...hopefully selling some soon!!! To make way for some new stock!

·
Registered
8,834 Posts
19........AT PRESENT!!!!!

2 wethers and 1 buckling were supposed to be going to auction this Thursday, but I THINK we just decided to keep them until the next goat auction 2 weeks from Thursday. If I can't sell them before then, off they go. So down to 16.
We also have 2 adult Bucks (ND and Kiko,
not for sale)

5 adult does (one of whom I think I've sold, dammit! I want to keep her)

1 wether that may be sold, if not my husband wants to keep him (and I've agreed)

1 wether I THINK is sold, with his sister.

1 buckling that we are keeping only for 1 breeding and then selling. (small and unrelated to the pygmy doe)

6 doelings, one of which I think is sold, with her wethered brother.

This does not add up, who am I missing?

I know I have 19!!!!

fixed it

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Due to the drought and price of hay, plus wanting to retire and travel; we have cut way back.
Only 11 right now.
Two bucks, one buckling, four wethers, one doeling and my three mama milkers.
Many have crossed and all but four are destined to cross the Rainbow 'Fridge. I miss them but the hay was eating up our whole budget.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I have 5 total... 3 does and 2 bucks. I like the small number, easier to give one on one attention and check them out. I can only have I think 7* (can't remember what my insurance says lol). But am wanting to keep a doeling out of my senior doe if she has one, then retire her. She's only 5, but gets a pinched nerve when pregnant.

·
Registered
31 Posts
33 does
1nubian/Boer mixed pet wether
2 bucks
4 miniature mares in there 2 filly foals
In 2 miniature stud
2 milk cows
16 rabbits
1 quarter horse gelding
1 dog

·
2,377 Posts
We have 40 does, 3 bucks, 1 junior buck, and 3 bucklings that are for sale. All are boers, and we have 47 boer goats in total. We love all of them individually!
Carlee, of CountylineAcres. I loved looking at your website. Awesome looking goats. I love your buck, Bullzeye. He has such unusual markings with that half white markings. Very nice.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Carlee, of CountylineAcres. I loved looking at your website. Awesome looking goats. I love your buck, Bullzeye. He has such unusual markings with that half white markings. Very nice.
Awe! Thank you so much, you are too sweet. :) Did you happen to see the newest pictures of Bullseye? He is growing so fast and is such a sweetheart! We adore his kids too! We updated all of the pictures of our 3 adult bucks this past weekend which has been so nice.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
We are similar to packhill and threehavens. We are intentionally staying small. We have 3 girls and 2 very spoiled boys. Ok they are all spoiled. We like to spend time with them and when we sell babies they are well loved and then much easier for the owners who buy them to be able to work with them. We have Boers. ImageUploadedByGoat Forum1433940845.089635.jpg
Including a silly photo of one of our very spoiled boys. Nope he isn't dead. Just smiling! Tami

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
I guess I am in the minority. I currently have one white dwarf wether, he is for weed control behind the barn. When my kids ( human) were young I had a milking herd that varied from 6 to 10 does and kids and one buck, who rotated so I always had a young one. We raised wethers for meat . Now its chickens that take up space.

·
Registered
327 Posts
22 breeding does
19 doelings
11 wether kids
5 bucklings
2 mature bucks
All boer ( with a couple boer Nubian, boer Spanish , and boer Nigerian crosses in there)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Four years ago I had 8 dairy goats and one buck to each one had triplets so my I went from one small pen two two big pen of kids and there mother's.
But this year I went from 7 dairy goats and one buck to 7 female dairy goats, one buck and seven doelings and 4 bucklings.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just got our first two goats today - 2 month old ND wethers and boy, howdy, they are adorable! We've had sheep and chickens for two seasons and waited on goats but think I am in love already! Sweet dispositions and not so freaky afraid as sheep :)

·
Goat Crazy!
6,469 Posts
In April we went from 3 goats to 7. The breakdown is 2 milkers (one Nigerian and one LaMancha), 1 open doe (I'd like to sell her at this point but she's the hubby's favorite), and 4 kids. We're keeping the 3 doe kids (1 LaMancha and 2 Nigerians), but we'd love to sell the wether. He's a real sweetie and now we're way too attached to send him to "freezer camp".

With our space I can't see us getting much bigger than this...

·
Registered
30,217 Posts
We have 2 saanen bucks...two nigerian bucks and one f1 mini saanen buck. .we have three lamancha does..one lamancha/ nubian cross...five saanen does..a boer cross..two nigerian does and one retired saanen doe...also we have two yearling saanen does and one saanen lamancha/nubian yearling doe and one yearling nubian doe (kids pet )..one retained lamancha doeling and two retained saanen doelings...left to sell from this years kid crop is two nigerian baby does and three buck kids...plus 16 donkeys..six ewes and their various lambs..two great danes..a yellow lab..Boxer hound cross..four little yappers..4 barn cats...tons of nutt chickens..khacki Campbell ducks..three turkey...four geese....one horse..two feeder pigs. And several loud guineas ...

21 - 40 of 45 Posts