The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many NDG bucks is a good number for 6 doe I am trying to prove a point that we need another buck, but the family says if I want another one to sell JJ and I dont want to sell him because of his bloodlines and he is gorgeous emphasis on the gorgeous.

·
Goat Feeder
1,436 Posts
2 unrelated bucks for a small operation is good to me. 3 is trouble and 1 can cause you to run out of options.

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Well, usually one or two.

I like to have two because sometimes that doe and buck just don't click right.(;
The babies could come out 2 years in a row & not be worth much.
We have 2 bucks. Hot rod & jokers ace.
Hot rod and my doe sophya produce brown eyes babies, they're both blue eyed. -_-
On the other hand Sabrina & hot rod make the CUTEST babies.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I do that all the time and one time I bought 4 does and right as rain no jewels, but no time to check for sure.

The next day Im down at the barn and the sweetest of the four is peeing out of the wrong place. A close inspection mad me check them all luckily only sweet heart was a wether, the breeder brought an exchange doe ( even better than all the rest)

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Well she wasn't a he but in the pictures I was sent, this doe was PERFECT! Now, I realize, she is far from that.
A good doe BUT not a good show doe:/

I've actually gotten better than I expected too!;P
I expected a little puff ball that ain't good for anything just companion and to make companion babies. MAN I swear, this doeling is registered just people didnt keep up with the paperwork.
She's GREAT!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts