How many kids did you have born this spring?

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by eliya, Jun 6, 2008.

1. None

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 1-5

4.0%
  3. 6-10

28.0%
  4. 11-20

28.0%
  5. 21-30

24.0%
  6. 31-40

12.0%
  7. 41-50

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 51-100

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 100+

4.0%
  1. eliya

eliya New Member

I thought it would be interesting to hear how many kids everyone has had. So far I've had 26. I have one more doe due on Tuesday. She usually has triplets or quads, so we'll have more soon!

Oh, and I made the poll so that you can change your vote (if you have more kids born or something).

2. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Please don't make me count :cry: :angry: :ROFL:

LOL anyway, I seriously haven't counted yet, but I have one more doe due and a ball park figure is around 60 kids born this year, we had 4 die though.

3. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I had 7 born in the early spring - 4 bucklings / 3 doelings. 2 died, 1 retained, and the others were sold.

I now have 7 does pregnant starting in a about 3-4 weeks I do belive. and 5 ewes to lamb. So we also will have babies everywhere. Goats - 3 are first freshners Sheep - 1 is a first timer.

4. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    9 kids total.
    Binky :girl: :girl: 1/23
    Bootsie :boy: :boy: :boy: 2/12+13
    Angel :girl: 2/19
    Tilly :girl: :girl: :girl: 2/20

Done til next year

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    12 - but one died

I haven't even done the break down of boys and girls but I think it is even

ok jsut did it out

6 boys (2 died)
    6 girls

6. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Oh my, making me count again.

Cashmere: 4 girls 2 boys= 6 (+1 stillborn :boy:)
    Pygora: 2 girls 1 boy = 3 (+1 stillborn :boy:)
    Nigerians: 2 girls 5 boys= 7

:GAAH: :wahoo:

7. eliya

eliya New Member

Maybe I shouldn't make you count... :wink: :) You're starting to count like me! :dance:

I had about 2/3rd's bucks to 1/3rd does :
    16 bucklings :boy: :boy: :boy: :boy: :boy: :boy: :boy: :boy: :boy: :boy: :boy: :boy: :boy: :boy: :boy: :boy:
    10 doelings :girl: :girl: :girl: :girl: :girl: :girl: :girl: :girl: :girl: :girl:

...I think. :D I'm hoping my last doe to kid has GIRLS!!! :girl: :girl: :girl:

8. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    29 kids so far if you count the two who weren't numbered. They were stillborn and had broken cords before birth. We lost one other doeling to aspiration after being born head first.

3 in Jan 2 does/1 buck
    11 in Feb 7 does/4 bucks
    10 in March 3 does/7 bucks
    3 in April 1 doe/2 bucks
    2 in May 2 does

So that makes 15 :girl: and 14 :boy:

Blessing's due the 14th and is looking good! Sarah is due the 20th and we have one more due in the fall at this point.

9. rlittlecritters

rlittlecritters New Member

Apr 26, 2008
    Lynden, Washington
    I had 5 does kid and got 5 girls and 5 boys for a total of 10.

10. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    I only had 7 born this year....6 boys and 1 girl

11. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Idaho
    I had around 9 mini oberhasli babies born-but sadly lost one out of my first and only set of triplets out of the minis. I dont know wether it was a doe or buck as I didn't check to see. But, mostly does out of the mini oberhaslis. My munchies gave me mostly does-although Scrumptious two does(she had trips) were Saanen cross so they wont be staying around. Kadisha had me a single doeling and then I should have another doe kid coming home sometime in the future. So, I will have 4 LaMancha does this year and 3 will be freshening next year. And they will all have LaMancha babies as I finally have me a buck :).

12. alpinemom

alpinemom New Member

Oct 28, 2007
    Waldoboro, ME
    My 8 alpine moms gave me 20 kids 6 does and 14 bucks.
    I had 4 sets of triplets which is unusual for us, we usually get one set and the rest twins.

13. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Idaho
    I have only had one set of quads born-but of course that was with a Nigerian doe the 2nd year I was into raising the mini obers. Most of the tim with the obers I had singles-or twins that were 1 buck, 1 doe. I did have one set of twin does and one set of triplets. I acctually prefer twins over every other option. A single kid can be to big and triplets+ can be small or harder to deliver. I dont expect any more than triplets with my LaManchas. This year i'm guessing Scrumptious will have triplets again and Kadisha could give me twins as it'll be her 2nd freshening. And if Cha-Cha ever arrives she'll will probably have a single. Although my mom had a few first fresheners give her twins this year and one even gave her triplets.

14. eliya

eliya New Member

Twins and triplets are the most common here. The triplets are always strong and healthy. Singles are pretty uncommon for our does. Quads aren't very common and they tend to not be as hardy although I have had one set that were all strong and healthy.
    This year I had 1 single (from a FF), 3 sets of twins (one was a FF), 4 sets of triplets and 1 set of quads (lost one of the kids, the others were fine).
    Last year I had 2 singles (1 of them was a FF), 6 sets of twins (3 were FF), 3 sets of triplets (2 were FF and had no problems), and 0 quads.
    The year before (2006) that I had 1 single (FF), 4 sets of twins, 5 sets of triplets and 2 sets of quads (one set was healthy and all kids were strong, the other set, only 2 made it).

The MiniNubians seem to be pretty prolific. :D :grouphug:

15. Potemkyn

Potemkyn New Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Ella, our alpine, twined: a buckling and a doeling
    Winter, our younger nubian twined: two doelings
    And Jemima, our half nubian/alpine (who wasn't suppose to get bred) twined with two doelings -- they seemed a bit premature but are doing fine.

So now we are up to twelve, ten girls and two boys.

Mike