The Goat Spot Forum banner

How many thing can you find wrong with this?

2K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  ciwheeles 
#1 ·
How many thing can you find wrong with this?

Horse Working animal Saddle Bit Horse tack

That has got to be one good horse to put up with this. My horses are well behaved but if I tacked them up like this they would be bucking broncos.

I start with what is a little hard to see in the pic. Yes type bit is zip tied to the halter WTH

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Oh my god! What the H?

I see right off the bat 5 things wrong with this picture. My horses are very well mannered, lots of miles and hard work on them, but if I did that, I'd fully expect to be on the ground and stomped in 2 seconds.

Goodness gracious people!

Zip tied bit
The fact that they have the bit zip tied to a halter instead of using proper tack (bridle, hackamore, bosal)
The cinch is in the wrong spot most definately
There is no saddle pad
Her feet are in the stirups wrong
And just in general, wow

#8 · (Edited)
It is tremendous Amazement to me, this horse being so calm. It should by rights, be a rodeo going on there. :eek:

Instead, this horse may love this young girl and will do anything for her. Or the brokest horse ever.

We don't need the link to where it came from, so please refrain from doing so, PM the poster if you want more info please. ;)

If anything, if this girl is close to you aceofspades and you know where this girl is,try to educate her if possible.

#10 ·
Poor horse! What a nice fellow he is.

I've had my rescue horse, Charlie, for a year now, but I can't afford all of the proper pieces of tack for him so I don't get to ride. The closest I get is watching the farrier ride him bareback every six weeks after he gets his manicure. And before I can start saving up for tack I have to save up to get his teeth floated. :rolleyes:

It almost makes me jealous of their ignorance and ingenuity! If I just knew a little less I'd be riding! ;)

I do cringe for her feet, though. I go out ONE TIME in improper footwear to check the swelling in his sprained ankle and he spooks and dances onto my foot! Didn't break anything, but I sorta wished he had 'cause ya don't get crutches and sympathy for a bruised foot that's swollen to the size of a small pig. :cool:

#17 ·
THis pic was posted all over facebook, no telling where it actually came from.
Yeah, my first thoughts were OMG, there is so much wrong with this picture. But then I remembered how some of my "homade" and "repaired" tack looked during my first year of having my own horse. Back then I rode bareback 99% of the time cause my saddle was too heavy for me to lift. I bought the only bridle I could afford and it broke in several places and I "fixed" it with haystring. I did make sure that it was comfortable for Pasha.
I spent 6+ hours a day with my boy. Some of it riding/adventuring :) but most of it just grooming, rubbing and loving on him. We played games in the pasture like tag and chase. And at the end of a long riding Saturday (after riding 10+ hours, taking tack down, hosing and rubbing my best friend down and feeding him his grain and hay, cleaning his stall and re-bedding with fresh shavings) I'd usually have an hour or two before mom and dad could pick me up (I was 10 and 11 years old). I would be exhausted, spent and so happy, and I'd curl up in a corner of his stall as he munched on his hay. Often Pasha, tired himself, would tuck his legs under and lay down sternal. I would quietly move around him and cuddle up between his legs, laying my head and shoulders against his warm side and within minutes I'd be sound asleep, feeling safer than any other place in the world. Pasha was just resting, not asleep, and never once did he move while I was sleeping with him. My father would come into the stall, speaking softly and wake me slowly then pick me up and carry me to the car. Pasha would get up then and watch me being carried away.
Guess what I'm saying is that sometimes the way things look don't tell the whole story. I kept Pasha for the rest of his life and loved him more every single day. I lost him to cancer at 29 to cancer a few years ago. And I miss him every single day. And Pasha loved me right back, despite our humble beginnings...

#18 ·
This picture is kind of sad, but some people just don't know I guess so they do the best they can. I used to ride at this crazy junky farm in middle school because it was the only other place I could go to ride after I had an accident and lost my confidence at another farm. The people were okay and pretty nice, but the horses were not cared for in a way I would think is okay today. They had no grass, lived in knee deep mud, and 5-10 of them would be shoved in fields that were a quarter to half an acre. They fed those horse out on the fence line and wouldn't tie them to prevent them from stealing from each others grain, and most of the time the kids feeding would dump the grain on the ground anyway because they were in a hurry. There were horses that lived in the barn too that never got to come out unless they were being ridden and the manager/barn owner insisted if you cleaned their stall you shouldn't take the wet sawdust out because it "wasted money and sawdust".

I stayed at that place for a year or two, and always just assumed that was how you were suppose to care for a horse. It didn't feel right to me but I had never seen or gotten the chance to care for horses so I just didn't know. Finally I saw some bad enough stuff there and got fed up enough that I left and they were still in business up until this month. They have a bad reputation in MD, but everyone agrees they stayed open for so long because they appeal mainly to people who don't know any better than to go there. Today I at least know a lot about horse care. But, I was lucky enough to get involved with the right horse people who taught me take care of my own horse when I got him. Some people don't have that, which is sad but that's not entirely their fault.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.