The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lol that would be nice! The dark doe had quads last year (3 doelings & 1 buckling) the cream doe had twin doelings and this is the freckled does first time so a single (doe please!) would be just fine for me from her!!!!

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Wow, quads! I'm kinda hoping my girl has a bunch since my brother wants one and I want to keep one.

The first two had similar sized bellies, that's why I guessed twins. The last seemed smaller. I'm a total newbie though.

·
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Believe me you don't want quads. Her first one born was under two pounds and had major difficulties breathing. Never stood up before she died, the second was under two pounds and at first seemed to be doing ok. The third was huge, about 3 pounds and very healthy. Was the quickest nurser I've ever seen. The last was under two pounds and was about the same as the second born. Seemed ok. I tried to get them to nurse but they just wouldn't. Then they wouldn't get up. Then they got hypothermic even though I warmed and dried them and was rubbing and stimulating them. I took the two little ones inside and was warming them in the tub. Got kid 4 to warm up nicely and then I tube fed her colostrum. Couldn't get kid 2 to warm up past 92 degrees so I never was given the chance to tube feed her. She passed away about 2-3 hours after she was born. So sad. Don't ask for quads. I'm sure there are good experiences out there but after going through that 3 is enough for me!!! Lol

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that. This is my first time, so that is definitely not what I want. I'll stick with my original guess and hope for all girls for you.

·
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Let's all cross our hooves for trips and all does! Lol the dark doe has very very soft to almost non existent ligaments starting last night and through today so far but no goop yet. And of course I am getting sick. Oh yay lol. It would be great if she had them and they were all healthy and I don't have to help her too much. All of her kiddings prior to last year went great and without complications. Hopefully we can do that!

·
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well the darker does ligaments are completely gone and her udder is huge today! Let's hope she goes today! The other two's ligaments are still rock hard. Lol hopefully the one will bring the others in too.

·
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
She is pawing a nest, laying down and getting up, itching her belly and talking to it. Has dried goo on her hooha but nothing wet. Hmmmm. Seems very uncomfortable.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts