The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to start supplementing hay for my two Nigerian Dwarf Does with Alfalfa Pellets because good Alfalfa is hard to find. I don't want to over feed so would like some info from those who feed the pellets. My Does are 5 and 6 months old.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds good, thanks for the advise. Good idea to wait till mid afternoon to feed the pellets that way they will still eat some hay or browse.

·
I'm watching you
22,272 Posts
Oh they will still eat browse and hay. Most goats get bored with them very quickly in fact. Mine get free choice alfalfa pellets same as they would get if they had alfalfa hay instead. They don't eat nearly what you would think that they would. Right now they are hardly eating any at all because of the heavy browse I just let them out on.
They will eat more this winter when they are cooped up more and the leaves are dead.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was concerned about my girls because at times they don't get a lot of browse. We're not always able to turn them out. They love being out and getting the natural stuff :)

·
I'm watching you
22,272 Posts
Yup they do love it. Mine don't always get browse either. They do fine though.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We currently live in the city and are developing 24 acres hoping to live there. When we are staying in the country they get lots of browse the problem is when we are in the city. We all love the country. Hopefully will be there full time soon

1 - 8 of 8 Posts