how much do nigerian FF produce?

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Lizzy_18, Apr 11, 2010.

1. Lizzy_18

Lizzy_18 New Member

Feb 14, 2010
    So i have a FF Nigerian Dwarf goat and i just want to know what the average amount they produce like in cups... :scratch:

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    it really varies.

Some will produce just cups while others will produce up to a quart or more.

my doe Angie I never really measured it out but I think she gave me like 3 cups a day which wasnt much.

3. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    I talked with laura earlier.. I prefer a minimum of 3 cups a day out of FF nigies, which is really close to nothing, since just one of my bottle kids drinks close to half a gallon (8 cups) a day

4. Lizzy_18

Lizzy_18 New Member

Feb 14, 2010
    ooo ok cuz i just started really "trying" to milk her..before i only milked like once everyotherday just to keep her in milk so yesterday i milked her and she had 2 cups..if i were to milk her everyday once a day do you think she would produce more?!

5. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    the more you milk the more you'l get

6. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    You also need to take into account the size of a doe. Obviously, a FF who is 21 inches tall will milk more than a FF who is under 18 inches. I'd be a little concerned having a FF that is 21 inches tall! Although they are out there. . . There are the fairly rare cases where a little doe (when I say little, I mean under 20 inches) will milk as much as a taller one, but not too often. So, just remember to take into account how big your doe(s) are.

Pholia Farm has a nice part on their website about Productivity Scoring, based on the height of the doe, age, body condition, production, etc. It is really helpful and I will be putting it to use with our milking does this year. Here is the link: http://pholiafarm.com/nigerian_productivity_scoring.htm