How much $$ for an "experienced" boer buck ??

Discussion in 'Meat Market' started by Julie, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Julie

Julie New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Southern PA
    I'm just curious what a good price is for an "experienced" boer buck that is NOT registrable. He's approx a year old. He's a pretty black and white boy. Anyway, for you boer buyers/sellers ... what would be a good price for a buck that fits this description ?

2. badnewsboers

badnewsboers New Member

May 9, 2008
    Newport, NC
    It really depends on how well he is built. If he is not registered all he would be good for is making meat kids so price would go up depending on how muscular he was.

I see unregistered bucks go from anywhere from $75-$200 around here.

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    A picture would help, to put a more accurate price on him.....
    It does depend...on conformation ,muscle,ect.
    you say experienced ,how does he produce ? :)

4. Julie

Julie New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Southern PA
    Ok. well it's my buck "Moby" ... and I was told that he produces really NICE kids that grow fast & big.
    I don't want him because I can only use him to breed to one of my girls ... and it's hardly worth keeping him just for that. And he's the only buck I currently have, so he's all alone in a pen by himself ... and that drives him nuts ! So the best thing for us and him is to sell him to a place where there's other large goats, where he won't be so lonely, and where he can breed.

5. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    I have paid anywhere from $100 to $400 for fullbloods without papers. Australian dollars of course.

The reg'd bucks I've paid up to $2000, lowest I've ever paid is this one I'm getting as soon as the weather cools, for $130.

6. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    I'd say around $150-$200 would be a fair price, depending upon how the market is in your area.

7. badnewsboers

badnewsboers New Member

May 9, 2008
    Newport, NC
    It really does depends on the area. Right now we have a couple of well-built registered bucks with decent bloodlines up for sale that no one will touch at $200.

8. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    This area is not so good with meat goats yet, I've seen whole herds of registered boers being sold out in the Horse Trader a few months ago for $1000.00...the one ad I do remember was this price for 20 does with kids or were bred and even at auction they go for pennies on the pound :shrug: