The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a goaty friend for Sully and he is most likely being delivered tomorrow. I don't know how much gas money to give the person tho, she just asked how much I could give her. The goat is $100 and she is driving him an hour and a half on sketchy roads (we had a snowstorm recently). Gas here is around $3/gallon. I don't want to pay too much or too little, so I could use a little help!

·
Goat Girl
1,985 Posts
Do you know what type of vehicle the person is driving? If you do, go on Mapquest, put in to get directions from their location to your location. Next to how long it takes to drive there should be a link to calculate fuel cost. Put in about what mileage their vehicle gets and it should tell you how much it will cost. Times this by 2 to get the total. Or you can figure up how many miles it is total (there and back), divide by how many miles to a gallon the vehicle gets (approximately) this will give you how many gallons it will take to drive to you and back then times by the cost of fuel.

·
Dave (TDG Farms) S.E. Washington State
4,805 Posts
Well seeing how she is the one doing the driving Id give her gas plus time.

If I deliver I charge up to 2x the round trip gas bill depending upon how far I have to drive and how many goats the person is buying.

Also depends on what the person is getting mpg. So if it were me, Id pay $50 for the favor of not having to drive for 3 hours alone.

·
Premium Member
15,205 Posts
I would just ask what she wants for delivery. I personally would have a hard time making someone an offer like that. That's tricky because you have to put a value on their time, vehicle wear, gas, and then to top it off, dangerous driving conditions. It's hard to give a "safe" offer.

Whatever you do...make sure before she delivers the goat, to get a delivery fee figured out. You don't want to have some sort of issue if there's a misunderstanding.

·
Administrator
85,596 Posts
I would outright ask what she wants. She is bringing the goat to you and it is wear and tear on her vehical, along with fuel and having to drive through rough conditions. It is only fair to ask and if you feel it is too high, try to negotiate on price. But be fair to the breeder.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I asked if $35 would be enough and let her know I could give more. She agreed on $35 but I think I'm going to up it to $40-$50
I do want to be fair to her, she has been really nice and helpful.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.