The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much grain should my pregnant ND doe be getting? She is due May 18 and want to make sure she is not eating too much or too little?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What exactly are you feeding her now?
The last few months 1/4 cup per day. I was feeding all my girls this ration and was told they should be eating more. So In the last few weeks I have been increasing gradually and now they are all getting 3/4 cup per day including her.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I give 2 glasses of oat grain in the morning and in the evening 2 glasses of oat grain, each goat, still juicy forages, carrots, salad, pumpkin, fodder beet, a little potato, bananas, apples, pear... ( I take vegetables for goats for free from the supermarket when vegetables are culled)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I give 2 glasses of oat grain in the morning and in the evening 2 glasses of oat grain, each goat, still juicy forages, carrots, salad, pumpkin, fodder beet, a little kortofel, bananas, apples, pear... ( I take vegetables for goats for free from the supermarket when vegetables are culled)
Thanks! My goats are super picky, they do not like any fruits. They will only eat lettuce and cabbage lol! I've tried so many other veggies but nope.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Each goat eats in different ways, I have one goat, she quickly eat their food, and then for all can eat up. Goats like apples, in 2018 we had a good harvest of apples, my goats just ate apples, the only apples for goats I cut into four parts. During the day my goats have free grazing, in winter and summer, only if it rains they can sit at home and eat hay, then I give them a little more juicy feed.

·
Registered
195 Posts
My pregnant sannen is getting 2 1/2 cups of grain twice a day along with raspberry leaves and human vitamin e capsules. i am gradually going to increase this to say 3 or 4 cups after she gives birth.
I agree with what karen has said about 1 cup a feeding

1 - 8 of 8 Posts