The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought Cinderella a couple months ago, supposedly pregnant, but the lady didn't have an exact due date. She thought maybe July or August, so that's all I had to go on.
Obviously, it's going to be August or later.
She was with the buck (pictured) before I got her, but I don't know for how long. And she was penned with him for at least a month after I got her, but I never saw them acting "that way", so I assume she was already bred. She's not huge, but then I guess they don't all show as much, so I can't tell. I'm no good at feeling kids, so can't help you there.
The behind picture was taken about five days ago.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
58,860 Posts
If you didn't see any breeding or have a due date, then you would have to consider that she could give birth any time from the last day the buck was in with her.

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Forgot to mention she is six years old, has had kids before, singles and twins.And obviously she isn't at all bagged up yet, which makes me think it might be a lot longer than I was hoping.
I'm starting to wonder if she's even pregnant. Can anyone tell me??

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Her udder hasn't even begun to fill yet.. :( I was really hoping she'd have kids in July.. but now I don't know if she's even pregnant. I don't think she looks it. I'm thinking I need to put her with the buck again and keep a close eye on her.

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
She doesn't really look pregnant to me, honestly. I would send some blood into BioTracking, just to make sure.

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would, but I'm broke right now. :D so I think I'm going to put her with the buck again and see what happens. :/ I guess maybe she didn't like him before??

I think maybe she was with him with other does as well, so maybe he just didn't get to her. :shrug:
I'm kind of mad, because that was half the reason I got her, because the lady told me she was pregnant. :( I want babies!

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm considering begging to get the Biotracking test done, :p and I was just randomly wondering if anyone knows if the test could/would determine how far along she is, IF she is pregnant? And also, would they accept the blood sample in the syringe it was collected in, or would I have to get the red top tubes?

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ugh, no. I've had her with the buck, but her behavior is not exactly pointing either direction. I was too busy for a couple days to keep an eye on them, so I don't know what's going on. :GAAH!:

One day she was rubbing all over him, but he wasn't really paying any attention, so I don't know what to think. :shrug:

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
I'm considering begging to get the Biotracking test done, :p and I was just randomly wondering if anyone knows if the test could/would determine how far along she is, IF she is pregnant? And also, would they accept the blood sample in the syringe it was collected in, or would I have to get the red top tubes?
I think I heard that it gives an estimated due date. And yes, tubes are absolutely necessary.

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think maybe he bred her today!:D
I went out this morning, and they were sticking pretty close together- he was actually following her around, and she was letting him, though he didn't try to mount her. I thought maybe they were already "done". :shrug: I also noticed she had some white discharge.

I think he's starting to stink more, too; maybe he's coming into rut? could've been my imagination though.
So what do ya'll think? Would it be a waste to do the test now? Cause I wouldn't mind waiting 30 days, and then get the CAE done at the same time.

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
I'd wait 30 days and test. Sounds like they may have done the deed, but it's hard to tell.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts