The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm trying to figure out how much longer this little girl has. She is a ff and I first started noticing that she looked pregnant at the beginning of November, but at the time therewas really no udder except her teats looked a little longer, and by Christmas her udder was really showing. I dont know an exact breeding date. But the past couple of weeks I can see the kid or kids movement, she wont let me to check her ligaments but I do believe she has started to lose her mucus plug little by little over the past 3 weeks. So tell me what you think, how much longer do you think the little girl has left? These pics are from 2/14 and 2/17

Attachments

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
3 weeks at most would be my guess. It's really hard to tell and no one can tell for sure even if it was their goat. But her belly hasn't dropped yet and her ligaments are still there but her udder looks nice.

·
Registered
6,055 Posts
Welcome to TGS,
No one will be able to tell you exactly but if you know the last date she was with a buck it gives you a start point. AGS has a gestation guide on their website. Minis generally go 145 days and the larger breeds 150 days though it's not an exact process.
She should go fairly soon her udders starting to look tight. Pretty girl
Good luck

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I just came from the barn from feeding the animals their dinner and to put her in her stall for the night. I've been letting her out during the day with the horses and the buck until I could see more signs of early labor. It's been nice because they all get along and the buck doesn't harass her, only early on in her pregnancy. he would try to push her from her food bowl but hasn't done it anymore. He just plays with the horses mostly and usually just sits around my doe. I've been really lucky with him so far. Her udder is definitely a little fuller and a little tighter today. The pictures are from a few days ago, but I dont think she has dropped yet. Shes a pretty quiet goat although right now she ate just a little and then laid down and was bleating a few times while she was laying down. But then got up and went and ate a little more. I'm going to check on her a couple more times tonight to make sure shes not in labor before I go to bed. But hopefully very soon. Cant wait to see her babies.

·
Registered
323 Posts
She looks super close to me. My guess would be a week at most but then again they have a way of messing with your head. So the only way to really know is to have exact breeding date unfortunately.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts