How much longer?

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by AdamsFamilyFarm, Aug 2, 2020.

1. AdamsFamilyFarm

AdamsFamilyFarm New Member

Aug 2, 2020
    Indiana
    I bought this doe already bred. The lady I bought her from gave me 3 different breeding dates. First she said beginning of March, then she said beginning of February, and now she's saying beginning of April. She started forming her udder a month ago. I can still feel her ligaments although sometimes they feel softer and sometimes they feel normal.

Is it possible she could still have a month to go?

Attached Files:

2. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Hard to say. Her udder has a ways to go.

3. Steven Beckstead

Steven Beckstead New Member

Aug 2, 2020
    Lower Lake, Ca
    She’s still a long ways out. Udder is nowhere near full. And not very big in the stomach. Call the lady you bought them from and see if this goat has been bread before. The udder and nipples don’t go back to normal size. If this doe has giving birth before, don’t count on this doe being prego.

4. AdamsFamilyFarm

AdamsFamilyFarm New Member

Aug 2, 2020
    Indiana
    She will be a first freshener. The lady I got her from was a vet and did an ultrasound to confirm pregnancy the day I bought her. That was in the beginning of May. So I know for sure she is pregnant. She definitely carries her belly closer to her rather that bulging out on the sides.

5. Steven Beckstead

Steven Beckstead New Member

Aug 2, 2020
    Lower Lake, Ca

Well now that you say that, expect goats around the end of September I would think. It’s really hard to tell if you don’t know the date of... well you know

Goataddict and toth boer goats like this.
  6. SalteyLove

SalteyLove Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2011
    New England
    @AdamsFamilyFarm - how is your doe coming along? Do you know what type of buck she was bred to? Hopefully you have a great healthy set of bouncing kids on the ground now? Or a VERY full udder!

toth boer goats and Goataddict like this.