1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Amber
1,339 Posts
I agree with Crossroads! :D

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hmm i was reading this and realized my 6 month old boer doe only weighs 70pds since i weighed her a couple weeks ago...is that a decent weight?

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
Hmm i was reading this and realized my 6 month old boer doe only weighs 70pds since i weighed her a couple weeks ago...is that a decent weight?
Depends a lot on genetics and conformation too. If you have a more slender-like doe, than you would rather her be at a good weight for herself. You know what I mean? If she looks healthy and well-conditioned, I wouldn't push it! :) 70 pounds is fine for a doeling.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have couple doelings born mid march weighing around 50. Have them on full feed but can't get them to eat and grow like I want. They have been wormed with Ivomec. Any suggestions to get them eating and growing better? They look okay and are bred to be wether producers. Just light.

Attachments

·
14,615 Posts
Stade they look really good to me, in perfect condtion right where they're at. I wouldnt push them.
Sure you can increase their grain as they grow, when they need it.
You might have slower growing lines & there's nothing wrong with that.
You dont want tubo-lards putting excess weight for legs & feet.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
They look good. Wether bred goats generally grow much slower than breeding style Boers. Some of the top genetics in the wether goats only gain a quarter pound a day. The "tweeners" about half a pound a day, and the traditional breeding style a pound a day. Most wether bred goats are shown at 8 months old and are in the 85-90 pound range.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Thanks pretty new to all of this wether thing. They are in good shape but just not growing like our others.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I agree it really depends a lot on the blood lines. My daughters doe was born mid February and she is only around 63 pounds, but for her frame size I believe she looks Fairly decent. Here Is a pic of her.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts