How much stuff for a bunny to chew on?

Discussion in 'Other Pets' started by getchagoat (Julie), May 16, 2008.

1. getchagoat (Julie)

getchagoat (Julie) New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Waco, KY
    Brad kept asking for a bunny and I kept saying no, and then I wanted to do something for him, so I got the bunny. I got her a cage, but it's too small and I'm waiting for one from ebay to get here. I'm concerned I don't have enough in her cage for her to chew on. She has hay, pellets, celery flavored wood stick and a chewing carrot (not real, for them to chew on). Any advice would help! Pic attached.

Attached Files:

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Oh my she is adorable!

we would just put sticks in for them to chew on - nothing fancy. Sometimes though they would eat their cage :roll:

I haven't had rabbits for years now but at the feed store they have little salt licks for rabbits too, we never used them though :shrug:

Ours loved to eat the hay we put in for bedding. Alfafa hay was their favorite.

What breed of rabbit? I want another rabbit one day just not sure what i will do with it lol

3. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    I don't know anything about rabbits, yours is just cute though!! :love:

4. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Chewing hmmm....let me see, mine loved apple tree branches as well as alfalfa cubes and of course his cage! BTW...they have these yummy little yogurt treat drops at TSC that my nephews bunny just absolutely went nuts over...my bunnie was a house bunny and was littertrained, he went outside when he decided the yummy stuff I gave him wasn't as tasty as the base boards and telephone cords! :)

5. getchagoat (Julie)

Oct 5, 2007
    Waco, KY
    Thanks! She's a Dutch. They also had her marked as a dwarf which isn't right.
    She's now chewing on her toy carrot and the real carrots I got her. She hasn't gone for the maple branches yet.
    However she did go for my finger when I tried to take her litter. Went beserk! Brad can clean it out next time. :)
    He thinks she'll be able to run loose, but I like my corners and cords.

6. gnomes'n'goats

gnomes'n'goats New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    Under a mushroom
    That girlie is a dutch but she's a sport.
    My buns love their maple sticks. Just make sure she doesn't get too much green food. Don't want a tummy upset. :)

7. getchagoat (Julie)

Oct 5, 2007
    Waco, KY
    Where do you get maple sticks? I don't understand what those are. She doesn't get too much green stuff. She has a really good dry food and has hay all the time. She gets carrots, bananas and grapes. But not every day since she fills up her litter box from them.

8. gnomes'n'goats

gnomes'n'goats New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    Under a mushroom
    lol! I go into the woods and snap off a few live maple sticks about an inch thick and six inches long and give those to the buns. :greengrin: