How much to bottle feed?

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by mistyblue, Mar 14, 2009.

1. mistyblue

mistyblue Senior Member

Nov 13, 2008
    Angleton, Texas
    As you know I am now having to bottle feed Peona's babies, they are a month old. I am feeding them a 8 oz bottle twice a day and they seem to want more at a feeding. Once I let them eat as much as they wanted and they drank approx 15 oz at that time.

I am not sure what they should be getting and how often. Any advice, please.

2. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

3. mistyblue

mistyblue Senior Member

Nov 13, 2008
    Angleton, Texas
    Thank you, according to the chart I am not feeding them quite enough. I will up their intake a little and see if that will help. They are eating on the hay some but not touching the pelleted feed yet.

4. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Don't suddenly up their intake or they could get a tummy ache. Do changes gradually.

To get them to pick at the grain try playing with it in front of them. Act like it's really interesting and they will want to know what it is. It also helps if they can be out with other goats eating grain so they see what they should do with it.

As long as they are thriving they are getting enough. From my experience bottle babies always want more milk even if they are full. lol