How much to sell ADGA bred goats?

Discussion in 'Business Buzz' started by moonmilk_creamery, Nov 18, 2016.

1. moonmilk_creamery

moonmilk_creamery New Member

Oct 20, 2015
    I am wondering how much I should sell my bred oberhasli does for? They will produce about 2 gallons a day at peak and aren't terrible show goats. I am located in northern California in a pretty urban area.

What is your usual price for selling pregnant registered goats?

2. goatblessings

goatblessings Fair-Haven Supporting Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Southwest Ohio
    Do you know other breeders in your tri state area? I would look into that first. I'm not sure what you mean by "aren't terrible show goats". I would advertise them as to homesteading, 4H or open show prospects, depending on their merits, bloodline, number of * milkers on top and bottom of the pedigree, any info you have on DHIR or LA. The sire's information is very important here too, depending on who they are bred to.

Prices vary widely across the country depending on breed, bloodline, etc. Check out your CL listings, and that would give you a good place to start. They are also worth more imo if you show negative testing for CAE, Johnnes, etc.....

Not sure if this helps, but I think some research might be in order for you to get a good price for your does.

3. JK_Farms

JK_Farms Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2016
    Tennessee
    My purebred Kiko doelings cost $200 and I add $150 if I sell pregnant

4. catharina

catharina Catharina

Mar 16, 2016
    Northern California
    I live in CA too & I sell my doelings (unbred) for $400. They're not even very useful, just a rare & very pretty breed. I think it's important not to sell for a lot less than other breeders of your breed so you don't cause everyone to have to lower their prices. Especially if everyone pretty much knows everyone else. Does your breed association website have a classifieds page?