How much to sell an unregistered doe for

Discussion in 'Goat Management' started by cheekygreek, Apr 5, 2019.

1. cheekygreek

cheekygreek New Member

Apr 12, 2015
    Southern Oregon
    I have a polled doe in milk that is 7/8 Nubian and 1/8 Nigerian dwarf. She isn't registered and I'm wanting to sell her but I have no idea how much to ask. Her milk is excellent with no goaty taste, she is such a good mom, and very healthy. She has tested negative for CL, CAE, and Johnes. She is a FF and gave birth to very healthy twin bucklings. The only issue is that she is on the skittish side. Any suggestions on price?

2. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Have you checked Craigslist prices in your area?

Sfgwife likes this.

3. SalteyLove

SalteyLove Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2011
    New England
    In my area she would likely be about $200 - $300 but definitely check local goat prices near you including Facebook goat groups, Craigslist, and auction reports

goatblessings and Sfgwife like this.
  4. Sfgwife

Sfgwife Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2018
    North Cakalaki
    I am with salty on this one. You have what sounds like an f1 mini nubian doe iirc. Does in milk sell for a bit more round here than dry unbred does do. A reg one like yours if she has good milk lines behind her would go for $400-$600 most likeLy.

When i got my dora she was very skittish. But with time and paitience she was my lil love bug! She would even brave the rain to come meet me at the edge of their pasture.

GoofyGoat and healthyishappy like this.
  5. cheekygreek

cheekygreek New Member

Apr 12, 2015
    Southern Oregon
    Even with her being unregistered she could go for that much?

6. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

It really depends on your area. My area would only support $200 max. But other areas would support a higher price. That is why you really need to research your area.

7. Sfgwife

Feb 17, 2018
    North Cakalaki
    $200-$300 unregistered, good milk lines provable (which is hard with unreg) and in milk. But i do see unreg in milk does go for that here. Like someone else said troll cl and fb livestock and goat pages and see what they go for in your area.

I was sayin for a registered doe the $400-$600 in milk with good milk lines here.

8. cheekygreek

cheekygreek New Member

Apr 12, 2015
    Southern Oregon
    I have, but most that I see for sale are registered and they go for $300-400.

9. Sfgwife

Feb 17, 2018
    North Cakalaki
    If that is what registered are goin for i would probably do $200 for her then.

10. TexasGoatMan

TexasGoatMan Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Dekalb, Texas
    Hey why not list for 250 and then you can always negotiate if you have an interested buyer.

11. R.Williamson

R.Williamson Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2019
    South Carolina
    ^^ I agree. Leave yourself wiggle room. Craigslist they especially want to whittle you down as much as possible it seems. I am usually negotiable on prices but not until they physically come out and see the animal.